These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

uv light bar uking brand need help with fixture file

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

uv light bar uking brand need help with fixture file

Post by perrip »

Hello, I recently got this light, an eBay special, actually pretty nice, but am having trouble creating a fixture file. I have only done simple led par fixture files so far. and this one is a little different. the bar is divided into 3 sections, and 3 dmx channels light each section. (there are total 24 uv LED's in the bar 8 per section). I would simply like the fixture file to turn on the 3 sections at once (all the LED's), and turn them all off at once, and I am not sure how to do that. I really don't care at this point about all the pre-programmed effects in channel 6 of the dmx map. I am attaching my pff so far and the dmx descriptions. If anyone could help me, I would be super grateful.
thanks again
UV light bar 1.0.pff
uking uv light bar dmx map.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: uv light bar uking brand need help with fixture file

Post by Rod_Horning »

See if this helps you:

Open the fixture definition in Fixture Creator
Click on the Channel description tab
Change the description of channel 2 to something like Section 1 brightness
Do the same for channels 3 and 4

The next is optional:
Click on the Macros tab
Click Add
Enter the value 255 in the Macro 1 cells for channels 2, 3, and 4
In the Search bar enter the value Full and click search
Click in the Macro 1 Picture cell and then click on Full On.bmp in the search results
Click File -- Save

The above 2 groups of instructions need done only once

Open Freestyler (if already open then right click on the fixture and click Reload fixture then deselect and reselect the fixture)
Click on Window -- All

In the Macros window click on the Full On icon. This will set channels 2, 3 and 4 to 255. As I mentioned, this is optional. You may also set the 3 channels to 255 using either the 3 sliders in the standard sliders window or the CTO CW WW sliders in the Color window

Now channel 1 should control the 3 sections.

If you decide you want the fixture to assist controlling channels 6 and 7 let us know. Macros and Custom Sliders may help
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Wow, thank you so much for such a great set of detailed instructions. I am at work now, but when I go home this evening I will test it out, and let you know when I get it working. Thanks again
Paul
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Hey Thanks so much, that works perfect. Man I have some learning to do, because I am not quite sure why it works, but I really appreciate your help!!
Thanks again, and thanks for the clear directions!
Paul
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Here is the updated file if anyone wants it
UV light bar 1.1.pff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

You are welcome. Please feel free to post any questions you may have.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Thanks! I may have to take you up on that!!

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”