These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

missing something creating fixtures

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
channelk
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

missing something creating fixtures

Post by channelk »

Greetings. I am really trying to create my own fixtures, but I keep running into weird issues and know I am missing something.

Working on an American DJ X Color LED. This is a simple light, 3 channels, color, dimmer, strobe. After creating the fixture and setting the DMX channel on the light, dimmer works, strobe works, color does not.

What am I missing?

Any help most appreciated.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: missing something creating fixtures

Post by Rod_Horning »

Please use the Fixture Creator EXPORT function to create an exported fixture file. Upload the exported file to this thread so that we may examine it. (Select Full Editor & Preview to enable the upload menu).

Have you tried the sound activated mode? If so did the colors change?

There is always the possibility that the physical instrument is faulty.
channelk

Post by channelk »

There is a test mode on the light and everything worked fine. I will do the export and upload. Thanks for the advice and post.
channelk

Post by channelk »

Here you go, and thanks again. Hope the attachment show up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

I added some detail to your fixture. What I added should not make a difference but give it a try.

In Freestyler Setup use the Add Remove function to first remove your existing fixture then add the new fixture.

Once you select the fixture, if you desire, you can click on the top menu item Window -> All.
The following helpful programming windows will open:
Colors
Lamp
Custom Sliders

Please post your results.

American_DJ_X-Color_LED_Plus.pff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
channelk

Post by channelk »

It works. I have to put the strobe/shutter at 237, then I can get a basic wash and change the colors. I guess this is just the way these things work as I have the same exact result on a completely different American DJ light, the Inno Pocket Spot.

Thanks. I will use this as a template to greater understanding of fixture creation.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

237, according to the manual, is SHUTTER OPEN. A value between 8 and 15, according to the manual, is supposed to give you the same result. I have the fixture definition set to default the Strobe Shutter channel to 10.

If this is not working then use the Fixture Creator to edit the fixture. In the fixture config tab set the Shutter ch. open value to 237. In the Channel description tab set the Channel 3 Shutter Strobe locate and default values to 237.

Glad you giving the time to learn about the fixture creator.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”