These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Equinox Hot Rod, is my fixture file wrong?

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
Gaucho
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: X2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Equinox Hot Rod, is my fixture file wrong?

Post by Gaucho »

Can someone see if I have done something wrong.

I created a 6 channel fixture file for the Equinox Party Par which works fine.

For the Hot Rod, nothing happens. It just sits there unmoving and with no lights.

I have attached my 15 channel fixture file and a link to the manual.

http://www.prolight.co.uk/ftp-in/EQLED089_Manual.pdf

It's my first attempt at creating a fixture, so be gentle with me :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Equinox Hot Rod, is my fixture file wrong?

Post by Rod_Horning »

I do not see anything really wrong with your fixture file.

I would suggest you go to the Channel Description tab and change the labels on a couple of the channels so they describe the actual function. Nothing wrong with using the Freestyler defined channels for something else but it may be a bit confusing to use the sliders if the function label is not the actual function. Example: I would change the channel 4 description from Focus to Pan Tilt Speed.

You might set the default value for channel 6 to 12 to see if that helps.

A couple of things to check:
First, is the Hot Rod physically configured for the 15 channel mode. It has 2 other modes.
Second, does the Freestyler fixture DMX starting address match the Hot Rod DMX address that is physically configured? I've encountered both of these issues.
Did you try a different DMX cable?

You said that Party Par works fine so that eliminates Freestyler and DMX interface issues (unless the refresh rate is to high for the Hot Rod. I did see this issue with another fixture).
Gaucho

Post by Gaucho »

Thanks for the feedback.

Changed descriptions as suggested and set default value to 12 on channel 6 and 0 on channel 15.

Freestyler and Hot Rod both set to start address of 1 and 15 channel mode.

My DMX interface (UDMX) is set at 20fps which still works with the Party Par. Should I set the refresh rate to something higher or lower?

I've attached the amended fixture file in case there is something else I have missed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gaucho

Post by Gaucho »

Weird, created an 11CH fixture file and that works. Obviously I lose dual colour bank control :?
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

You could try reducing the refresh rate but I will be surprised if that helps. 20 is fairly slow already.

Is your Party Par loaded to the Freestyler workspace? This is a very long shot but if it is and you have it set to the same starting address as the Hot Shot I guess that a default value could cause some sort of a problem.

The hardware seems OK since the 11 channel configuration works. Its possible there is something wrong with the Hot Shot control computer that causes it to fail in 15 channel mode but, again, that is a very long shot.

I am pretty much out of ideas. I am hoping another user will chime in with some suggestions.

If you do find a solution please post it as that may help another user in the future.
Gaucho

Post by Gaucho »

I am beginning to think you are right and it's the hot shot that is failing with 15 channels.

I will try some bodges to see if I can get 15 working but not the ideal solution if the problem is in the fixture itself.

P.S. Party Par starts at 20.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”