These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

QTX PB-1214 4 light par bar

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
osca31
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

QTX PB-1214 4 light par bar

Post by osca31 »

Hi All
Im trying to create a fixture file for the above light bar. Im struggling with what values I insert where for ch 1 as it is split into different sections corresponding to buttons on the remote.

Thank you

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: QTX PB-1214 4 light par bar

Post by Rod_Horning »

Hi osca31

If I understand the manual correctly, if you choose to operate your fixture via DMX you would not use the remote at all.

What I've done in the past, for channels like channel 1, is to create MACROS, in this case 6 macros.

Macro 1 would set channel 1 to 0
Macro 2 would set channel 1 to 11
Macro 3 would set channel 1 to 51
Macro 4 would set channel 1 to 101
Macro 5 would set channel 1 to 201
Macro 6 would set channel 1 to 210

The manual is unclear (at least to me) about channel 1. I assume that channel 1 must be set to either 0 or 210 in order for the RGBW values to work.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to ask additional questions.
Djblair
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.
Twitter: None

Post by Djblair »

Any files for this ?
Djblair
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.
Twitter: None

Post by Djblair »

Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Attached is my attempt at a fixture file.

The documentation is unclear on channel 1. You may need to play with it to see how it works.

Feedback appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Harley Street
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Harley Street »

Hi Rod.
I've just purchased two sets of these lights and your fixture above seems to work great, thank you.
I'm currently trying to create a 3D Easy View but that seems to be far less intuitive, I'll let you know how I get on.
P.S. Any idea what the IP mode is on these lights, I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere.
Cheers,
Andy
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Hi Andy

Thank you for the feedback.

I have not a clue about the IP mode unless it stands for Internal Program. Many of the user manuals I've read lack clarity or useful information - it is quite annoying. Worse, it is often impossible to even find a manual for many of the Chinese lights. Hope you find the info you are seeking.

Shine brightly!

Rod
Harley Street
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Harley Street »

Hi Rod.
Yes, I know what you mean. All it says in the manual is "IP mode = Running Effect" but if you select it everything goes dark, so who knows. I tried contacting the AVSL Group who make it but have had no response.
Anyway, here is my attempt at a 3D Easy View fixture for the QTX PB-1214 to complement your FS fixture.
Limitations are, obviously the Macros don't display anything and all 4 lights have to be pointing in the same direction but the colour mixing seems to work ok.
Cheers,
Andy
:fs:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”