These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

need fixture for stairville clb .2.4

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
alfa156
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

need fixture for stairville clb .2.4

Post by alfa156 »

https://images4.static-thomann.de/pics/ ... online.pdf

can anyone help me to make a fixture for this par led stairville?

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: need fixture for stairville clb .2.4

Post by Rod_Horning »

According to the manual (your link) the device has several operating DMX modes. I probably can help you make a fixture but I need to know what mode you want - or, better, how you want to control the device. I've found that devices, such as this, that have multiple lighting instruments, can require a bit of finesse in Freestyler to do what you want to do. Perhaps reading my post regarding a request for a fixture file for a Need fixture CAMEO hydrabeam CLHB400W RGBW will give you an idea of what I mean. Any additional info you can provide will help me help you.
alfa156

Post by alfa156 »

hi and thank you for your fast answer!it is fisrt time than i use dj light,i have bought an udmx (usb dmx controller via computer) the use that i want to do its speciall for wedding party.you mean with this fixture CAMEO hydrabeam CLHB400W RGBW that you told me its common with my lights? i find this fixture in freestyler programm and i can use my lights with this?
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

I suggested you read my post about the CAMEO hydrabeam fixture to perhaps help you understand what I mean about your STAIRVILLE CLB2.4 device having multiple lighting instruments. No, a fixture for the CAMEO will not work correctly with your STAIRVILLE.

Freestyler can control your STAIRVILLE and should work with your uDMX controller. Before I can build, or help you build a fixture in Freestyler I need to know which DMX mode (listed in the user manual) you want to use. Your STAIRVILLE supports several different DMX modes and the Freestyler fixture configuration will be different depending on which mode you want to use.

Which DMX mode do you want to use?
DMX mode 1, 3 channel (all four lights are controlled together, you can vary the intensity of the red, green, and blue leds)

DMX mode 2, 4 channel (same a 3 channel mode plus a master dimmer)

DMX mode 3, 8 channel (able to control the color of PARs 1 and 2 separately from PARs 3 and 4, plus a master dimmer and a master strobe)

DMX mode 4, 14 channel (able to separately control the color of each PAR plus a master dimmer and a master strobe.

If you want to use either EMX mode 3 or 4 then you please do read my post about the CAMEO. While these modes will work with Freestyler you may find the configuration to be a bit difficult to understand.

DMX mode 5, 2 channel (allows use of the programs built into the STAIRVILLE)
DMX mode 6, 7 channel (allows use of the programs build into the STAIRVILLE)

My congratulations to the wedding couple.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Attached are 4 fixture files. Configure your CLB2.4 and experiment with these files.
DMX mode 1
DMX mode 2
DMX mode 5 (macros included to select the built in programs)
DMX mode 6 (macros included to select the built in programs)

Once you select a fixture you will want to click on Window and then click on All.

If you want to try Modes 3 and 4 I will set up fixture files for these also, just let me know.

Have fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alfa156

Post by alfa156 »

you think if i use this mode DMX mode 4, 14 channel it will be deficult for me?ι would like to try 3 and 4 mode!
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

No I don't think it will be to difficult for you. I'll work on a couple of variations of fixture files this evening (US East Coast Time) and post them with some comments.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Stairville CLB2.4 mode 4.pff
This is a Mode 4 (14 channel) fixture file that you can import into Freestyler

Dowload the file and then using the Fixture Creator, import the fixture file.
Start Freestyler and add the fixture to Freestyler.

Select the fixture. Click on Window (located in the menu bar) and then click on All.

Notice the macro window. It contains 9 macros.
Freestyler only recognizes one fixture per fixture file for the R G B channels. The Colors window will set the color of PAR 1 only, you must set PAR 2, PAR 3 and PAR 4 yourself. The macros will help you do this. Set PAR 1 to the color you desire for PAR 2 using the Colors window. Now click on the red 2, click on the green 2 and then click on the blue 2. The macros copy the PAR 1 RGB values to PAR 2. Repeat this process for PAR 3 and Par 4. Lastly use the Colors window to set the color of PAR 1.

The Dimmer and Strobe channels control all 4 PARs - there is no separate dimmer or strobe channel for each PAR.

Please test this and let me know if this is what you want.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Stairville CLB2.4 mode 3.pff
This is a Mode 3 (8 channel) fixture file that you can import into Freestyler

Dowload the file and then using the Fixture Creator, import the fixture file.
Start Freestyler and add the fixture to Freestyler.

Select the fixture. Click on Window (located in the menu bar) and then click on All.

Notice the macro window. It contains 3 macros.
Freestyler only recognizes one fixture per fixture file for the R G B channels. The Colors window will set the color of PAR 1 and 2 only, you must set PAR 3 and 4 yourself. The macros will help you do this. Set PAR 1 and 2 to the color you desire for PAR 3 and 4 using the Colors window. Now click on the red 3, click on the green 3 and then click on the blue 3. The macros copy the PAR 1 and 2 RGB values to PAR 3 and 4.

The Dimmer and Strobe channels control all 4 PARs - there is no separate dimmer or strobe channel for each PAR.

Please test this and let me know if this is what you want.

Regards
alfa156

Post by alfa156 »

hi and thank you for your fast response!i downloaded the last 2 fixtures,i installed inside the freestyler,but i did not understand how works.i saw macros mode,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,7,7,8,8, i pres its number but nothing happened!it has a special way to use it?i have to adjust something before use?
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

When you say last 2 fixtures do you mean the mode 5 and mode 6 fixtures? Did you remember to configure the device itself? If you do not have the device configured to mode 5 or mode 6 then the macros will not work.

The mode of the device must be set to match whichever fixture definition you want to use. The device is configured from the control panel located on the device itself.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Also, did you set the dimmer channel high enough to see the lights? If not, while the macros work, you would not see the effects.
alfa156

Post by alfa156 »

i mean mode 3 and mode 4 .
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Hi alfa16. I tested the fixtures by using the virtual interface and looking at the values in the Show Output window. These are working correctly.

Can you test your uDMX controller with other instruments to make sure it is functioning.
Do you have the instrument physically configured to match the fixture (mode 3 or mode 4) you have added to Freestyler?
Make sure the starting address you specified to Freestyler is the same as the starting address you configured in the instrument.
Make sure the DMX cable is inserted correctly.
Make sure you have power to the instrument.
Make sure the dimmer channel is set high enough to see light. If it is not then even though the RGB values are set correctly you will not see light from the instrument.

You may also want to delete the fixture from the Freestyler fixture file, download and import it again. This is just in case something went wrong and corrupted the fixture file.

Good luck
alfa156

Post by alfa156 »

hi again! finally i use the mode with 7 chanell and it works correctlly but after 14 macros icon has an icon with a speaker.when i press it nothing happened and the par stack on.i thing this icon is to enable use the par with sound.you know something about thiw function?
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

You are correct. Clicking the speaker icon sets the instrument to react to sound. I think the instrument has a built in microphone. Again, the dimmer must be set high enough to see light. I've never used sound control but I think the PARs should change color to the beat of the music.

What did you need to do to get the instrument working?
alfa156

Post by alfa156 »

hi!@ i check the dimmer its ok!
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

I assume the instrument is now working. Good luck with your wedding.
alfa156

Post by alfa156 »

the only thing that doesnt work is the icon with a speaker,there is next to macros icon.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

CLB2-4 mode 6.pff
I found a setting detail I missed. I've updated the speaker macro. This may fix the issue. Download and import it.

The detail is that channels 2, 3 and 4 MUST be 0 to allow sound mode to function. I changed the macro to set channels 2, 3, and 4 to zero.

Also, other fixtures I've looked at have a sound intensity/sensitivity control. I did not see this in the documentation but there is a possibility that channel 6 (labeled Programme speed) may control sound sensitivity. Once you select the Speaker macro try varying channel 6 to see if that helps.

Remember that there must be some sort of varying sound that the instrument can hear for sound control to really function.
alfa156

Post by alfa156 »

i download the new file,i import inside,but the same,doesnt work on par led light!see the print screen
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

I see you are trying to use the Sound to Light Freestyler plug-in. This plug-in is completely different from the Speaker Macro. The plug-in varies selected DMX channel values on the selected cue sequences - it has nothing to do with the instruments ability to react to sound.

The instrument should react to sound (that is loud enough and has a discernible beat). Have you tried playing some loud music with a strong beat after you've clicked on the Speaker icon? Try this first with channel 6 set to 0 and then try it with channel 6 set to 100.
alfa156

Post by alfa156 »

hi!i change thw value of chanell 6 to 0 and to 100 but nothing happend yet!i played loud music near to my led pars.The par deticated works with sound,to see if my system has a problem and it doesnt work,but finally works normally.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

I'm sorry but I am confused. I understand that Channel 6 does not control sound sensitivity. I understand you played loud music near your LED PARs. I do not understand your last sentence. Would you be so kind as to rephrase your last sentence and maybe that will help me understand what you are telling me.
Thank you
alfa156

Post by alfa156 »

ok! sorry its my fault.i wrote wrong sentences!!! the stairville clb 2.4 has builtin sound controller ,and can work with sound alone without external controller etc,i tested with loud sound and works normally.now i need to use it via freestyler programm this function but i cant use it yet.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”