These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chauvet SlimPAR Quad6 IRC

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
djeady
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3

Chauvet SlimPAR Quad6 IRC

Post by djeady »

Can anyone suggest the best fixture profile to use with these lights. I can get it to work with the PAR56 profile in Freestyler, but can't seem to find anything that makes sense in Magic 3D.

I'm a complete newbie, so be patient with me.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Chauvet SlimPAR Quad6 IRC

Post by Rod_Horning »

Attached is an exported fixture file.

I have no way to test it.

Give it a try.

Your feedback appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djeady

Post by djeady »

Thanks, I've been playing with this and it seems to work well. Only problem is I can't get the master intensity to control this fixture - any suggestions?
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Thank you for the feedback.

First, be sure the fixture is set to 8 channel DMX mode. If it is set to 4 channel DMX mode the fixture ignores the Intensity channel.

Second, channel 7 (Mode) probably has to be set to 0 (or 31 or less) otherwise, if I understand the manual correctly, the fixture will ignore the intensity channel.

Third, if the starting address of the fixture is greater than 505 then the intensity channel's address will be over 512 which exceeds the DMX maximum address.

If none of these are the issue then my guess is that the fixture itself has a problem.

Please let me know what you find.
djeady

Post by djeady »

Hmm, probably just me, but I can't get it to work in 8 channel mode - not sure what I'm doing wrong, If I set the light to 4 channel I can control it. If I set it to 8 channel it doesn't seem to respond.

OK - think I have it in 8 channel mode, but still no luck with master intensity.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

https://www.chauvetdj.com/wp-content/up ... 2_WO-1.pdf

The above link just in case you do not have a reference manual. The only other idea I have is to have Freestyler display the output window. Find the fixture and verify that Freestyler is setting the 8 channels to the value of the sliders. Vary each slider and check that the corresponding channel in the Output Window changes.

Seems like a nice fixture. Hope you get it working. If you don't mind please keep me up to-date. I always like to add to my little store of knowledge.
djeady

Post by djeady »

Never though of checking output window. All slider changes are reflected in output window EXCEPT dimmer, so there's obviously something wrong somewhere.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Question - in the Output window is the dimmer channel for the fixture blue (either lite or dark blue) or red? If its red then there is something set in Freestyler that tells Freestyler to ignore the channel. I have this on a different fixture and have not as yet found the problem.

Also, perhaps something changed the fixture configuration.
In the Freestyler window:
right-click on the fixture
click Edit fixture -- verify Total channels is 8 and the Intensity channel is 8 with min and max blank
click Channel description -- verify that Ch 8 is labeled Dimmer
djeady

Post by djeady »

All checks out as described, channel is not red in output and settings are what you said.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Very, very frustrating. Last three things I can think of to try.
1. in the Output Window right click on the dimmer channel for the fixture and then click on Reset Channel Settings.
2. Remove the fixture from Freestyler. Then add the fixture back to Freestyler with a much different start address. (Remember to change the start address in the actual fixture also). Make sure to NOT overlap any of the 8 addresses used by the fixture with another fixture.
3. If all else fails then from File click backup/restore and then click backup. Save the back up somewhere other than in the Freestyler directories (your desktop is fine). Remove Freestyler from your system. Install a fresh copy of Freestyler. Start Freestyler, then from File click backup/restore and then click restore. Restore Freestyler from the backup.

If none of this works and no-one else posts any ideas I guess you could report it as a Freestyler bug and see if you receive any feedback from the developer or admins. This is a link to the bug tracker - if you do not have an account you will need to create one. http://www.freestylersupport.com/bugs/my_view_page.php

I hope something works - I'm sorry I have not been able to solve the issue. Please do keep me informed if you would.
djeady

Post by djeady »

OK - thanks for all your help - will have limited time to work on this for a couple of weeks as we are using the lights for a show - will have to use the control board as dimming is a key function.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej djeady.

I just tried to add the fixture to my setup and to me it looks like there is a bug in Freestyler.
Can you please verify that I am doing this right to replicate your issue.

If I use the dimmer from the fixture control panel or the sliders in right side of main window then I can see in the output window that the dimmer values changes.

If I uses the Master intensity then nothing changes in the dimmer channel.

I have some old fixture files and they don't have the problem so it is related to the fixture file.

/Jan
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

I have added the issue to the bug tracker.

Additional I made a simple new 8 channel fixture only with RGB and dimmer.
That one works so my guess is that it is in the fixture file something has gone wrong.

So my suggestion is try making a new on from scratch.

/Jan
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

You can try this one.
_Test_Master_Dimmer.pff
It is in the folder _Test
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”