These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Question: Fixture where I need lots of custom sliders

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
dicky96
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Question: Fixture where I need lots of custom sliders

Post by dicky96 »

I have created fixture files for most of my lights now

This one however is causing me to wonder how best to implement it:

Neo Neon X Beam 85. This is the same as this fixture AFAIK http://www.color-imagination.com/products/xbeam-85/

First i have not been able to find a user manual or any info on this one under either brand names - I even emailed Neo Neon tech support weeks ago but got no reply :o

However armed with a manual DMX controller, an hour of spare time and a beer :D I managed to work out the following

Neo Neon X-Beam 85 DMX Control in 14 Channel mode

CH1 PAN 0-255
CH2 PAN FINE
CH3 TILT 0-255
CH4 TILT FINE
CH5 PAN/TILT SPEED

CH6 SHUTTER / STROBE
0-31 off
32-63 on
64-75 strobe slow
76-79 strobe
80-85 strobe
86-89 strobe
90-92 strobe
93-94 strobe
95 strobe fast
96-127 on
128-145 slow open fast close variable speed
146-159 fast open slow close variable speed
160-191 open
192-224 strobe variable speed slow to fast
225-255 open

CH7 MASTER DIM 0-255

CH8 Dim LED 1 0-255
CH9 Dim LED 2 0-255
CH10 Dim LED 3 0-255
CH11 Dim LED 4 0-255
CH12 Dim LED 5 0-255

CH13 Sequence / Step LEDs
0-15 all on
16-35 sequence 1 variable speeds slow to fast
36-55 sequence 2 variable speeds slow to fast
56-75 sequence 3 variable speeds slow to fast
76-95 sequence 4 variable speeds slow to fast
96-115 sequence 5 variable speeds slow to fast
116-135 sequence 6 variable speeds slow to fast
136-155 sequence 7 variable speeds slow to fast
156-175 sequence 8 variable speeds slow to fast
176-195 sequence 9 variable speeds slow to fast
196-215 sequence 9 variable speeds slow to fast
216-235 sequence 10 variable speeds slow to fast
236-255 sequence 11 variable speeds slow to fast

CH14 Auto Program Modes

I created a basic fixture file with pan/tilt, master intensity, macros for shutter/strobe and custom sliders for the rest and it works. I can contro lthe fixture. However the channel that is giving me the greif is CH13 as I need a better way to implement it.

Yes I know I could create macros with a huge amount of buttons (20 speeds for each sequence pattern) however what I feel I really need here is something like a set of 'radio buttons' so I could select whichever sequence I want, then an associated slider with that button to set the speed which is continuously variable

So

radio button one would give me a slider from DMX value 16-35
radio button two would give me a slider from DMX values 36-55...

That sort of thing. Any ideas how to implement something like that, or another method to achieve the same to make thhe fixture file intuitive and usable?

Cheers
Rich

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Question: Fixture where I need lots of custom sliders

Post by Jan_K »

Think I would misuse a gobo channel.
Place a min, mid and max speed for each of the 11 sequence.
Then you have the fader for fine adjustment and you have the icons to bring you into the correct range.
But it may be a bit tricky to fine adjust with the fader. The adjustment range for each sequence is not that large.

An other solution could be to use 11 custom faders on the same channel limited range but I have newer tried that as custom are relative new.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”