These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Strobe = 0 makes dimmer = 0?

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
soundsinvision
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: www.twitter.com/soundsinvision

Strobe = 0 makes dimmer = 0?

Post by soundsinvision »

I have created some fixture files and specified the strobe and shutter settings. What we don't understand is why, when the strobe channel becomes 0, it kills the dimmer (i.e. makes it 0). It's consistent behaviour, so what do I do to stop it?

TIA

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Strobe = 0 makes dimmer = 0?

Post by spud1511 »

If you post an example fixture file up using the export function in the fixture creator (and a picture of dmx chart) then we maybe able to have a look at it for you.
soundsinvision

Post by soundsinvision »

Thanks - I have attached a basic one, and a screengrab of the DMX chart (for the strobe).

All I want is to have the entire shutter channel continuous from 0 to 255 on a midi fader, without it interrupting the dimmer signal.
All suggesions appreciated.

I haven't added in the Duration and Function channels as we don't plan on using them yet)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

Make sure you understand all the menu options on your fixture, and that you set the dimming curve, and channel mode you need, as it can run as 1, 3, or 4 channel mode depending on your selection.

As well as that make sure you do not have the 16-bit mode turned on in the fixture, as this will make channel 1 and 2 control the same function as a 'rough' and a 'fine' control of the same thing.
soundsinvision

Post by soundsinvision »

I've set the unit to 4 channel already in case we fancy getting funkier once everything else is done.

The 'strobe channel getting to 0 sets dimmer to 0' behaviour is the same on the Chauvet 255 fixtures. I'm on a different laptop tonight but will post the mover fixture tomorrow.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”