These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Need help for my fixture

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
maddin-goe
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Need help for my fixture

Post by maddin-goe »

Hi,

Sorry, for my bad English.
I want send value 255 to controlchannel for 3sec. for "LAMP-ON", and send value 166 to controlchannel for 3 sec. for "LAMP-OFF".
Does anyone have an idea how to do that ?
(Moving is a "Vari-Lite VL1000 AS")

Good Light, Maddin (Germany)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Need help for my fixture

Post by Jan_K »

Hej maddin

When you create the fixture in fixture creator then you set the "Lamp channel" and the on / off values and that is it.

The 3 sec. is a minimum time. There is no max time on the control channel.
You are to send 255 for min 3 sec to strike the lamp.

When you press "on" in lamp then it will continue to 255 until you press "off" or do something else with this channel.

You can open the output monitor to see what you actually are sending.

/Jan
maddin-goe

Post by maddin-goe »

Yes , but after 3 seconds must the controlchannel from 255 to 0. Or for lamp off, from 166 to 0.

Maddin
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Hej again

That is not normal.

I may be reading the user manual wrong but are you sure that you are to change it after 3 sec.

It says "For 3 Secs or Greater" meaning you can hold it at 255 forever.

If you use this channel for the rest function then you are to set it to 0 again because you else will hold it in reset mode all time.
But this is not the case when you strike the lamp.

If this is not the case then you have to build a strike sequence to turn it on and off.

But you then have to consider timing because the DMX protocol is not so precise that it will come at exact at 3 sec.

If you program it to 3 sec then it will be updated in the next DMX signaling frame and this may come at 3.1 sec meaning you need to know the max time you can have for the sequence.

And this means you need to know what happens if you hold it for longer than 3 sec and what this max time is.

/Jan
maddin-goe

Post by maddin-goe »

The Controlchannel must be at least 3 sec. or longer stand.
If at some point the controlchannel go to 0 (no fade), strike the lamp!

Maddin
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Hej again

The only way I can see that you can solve this is by creating a sequence which hold this value for 3 seconds

/Jan
maddin-goe

Post by maddin-goe »

Thanks for your effort.

Now is not what I wanted. But so it goes , of course.

Gruß, Maddin (sorry for my bad English)

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”