These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Need help with multiple functions on one channel Topic is solved

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
steven850
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Need help with multiple functions on one channel

Post by steven850 »

Hi all,

Need a little creating a fixture file. Its for a High End Systems Cyberlight scanner. Its a 20Ch scanner with 3 DMX modes. I would like to use the scanner in Mode 2 which is the advanced control mode. It enables things such as gobo shake, additional strobe speeds, Frost strobe etc. etc. Now I have already created a fixture file for mode 1 without any problems, but am having some trouble with mode 2. I have attached the manual so you can see the detailed DMX info for the 2 modes.

The problem I am having is that in the advanced mode there are multiple functions sitting on a single channel. :o

For example, Static litho channel. If I want gobo 3 and I want it to come in slowly I would need a DMX value of 68. If I want the gobo to come in fast I would need a DMX value of 93. If I want Gobo 3 to shake in a narrow pattern I would need a value of 66. To Shake wide I would need a value of 91.

So, my question is how can I create a seperate window in freestyler for the "slow" gobo selection and a seperate window for the "fast" gobo selection. :?

Is this Possible?

I would also like to create a seperate window for the Gobo shake functions.
Or even better would be an Offset selection so to say. For Example, You have 1 gobo selection window. If you select a "switch" or "button" all of the DMX values are offset by +1 Which makes all gobos in the selection now shake narrow, with an offset of +10 they shake wide. Same goes for the speed of the gobos.
8-)
Is there a way to add a button to "shift" the DMX values? :?:

Does anyone have any ideas how to add all of these functions into freestyler?

Kind of BS that they didnt use seperate channels for some of these functions :evil: but I guess it was done to be able to get 25 fixtures on a single universe.

Please refer to page 100 in the manual for DMX mode 2 assignment.

I have recently acquired 8 of these scanners and would like to be able to incorporate them into my current setup.

For live DJ shows and partys I am using submasters for seperate control of movement, colors, gobos, Etc. IE, Seperate submaster for each function. So here I can get away with not having the advanced functions in the fixture since I manually have to create each cue in the submaster I can manually select the DMX value for things like gobo shake.

The problem is when creating static cues or "Timecode shows" Its a real problem not being able to select certain fixture functions from the menu panels. If I can program in advance I can get by but most of the time I have to make most of these programs on the fly after setup and have less than an hr of time to create them. So having these functions in the fixture menu would be a real life saver.

This is a very complicated fixture and creating this fixture with all its features is beyond me. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Steven
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steven850
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2

Re: Need help with multiple functions on one channel

Post by steven850 »

I suggest you look at both Modes 1 and 2 in the manual to understand the differences. But for those that don't care to download the manual here is a quick overview of the Mode 2 functions.

http://www.highend.com/support/disconti ... hanced.asp
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

I've emailed you!
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Kings »

When you create a fixture profile you also have an option to create 'macros'. These are buttons that pop up on the FS desktop when you select the fixture and click on the attributes button (ie the splash screen that comes up with intensity, strobe, colour etc). For each macro you can enter a value for each channel so you can create a 'look' (say red colour with spinning star gobo) and recall it with a click of a button. Good for working on the fly.
Jorick.tv
Twitter: Http://www.twitter.com/joricktv

Post by Jorick.tv »

Hey Steven,
I've recently bought two of these amazing scans for myself.
Did you manage to create a good fixture file for them? And would you care to share them with me and the rest of the world?
This would save me a lot of tinckering with the fixture creator.
Thanks in advance!
droiddk

Post by droiddk »

Hi

Sorry for bringing this old topic back to life, but any news about the fixture file, I could use it :-)

Regards
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

It's that long ago but I can't recall why I emailed him! You can always pay using the fixture creator service to have one made for you.
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”