These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

ADJ - Dual Gem Topic is solved

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Melgarh
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

ADJ - Dual Gem

Post by Melgarh »

Hi,

this twin moonflower type of fixture is rather generic and I believe there may be a file out there which could fit this one already.. however I've gone one by one through the entire FS default fixture list and none seem to be doing much, only ADJ Quad Gem DMX does give some results in form of colour change and such, but that's it. Search is not coming up with results on this forum either, would have guessed more people would have this cheap and usable fixture!

There is not really any documentation either it seems that would shed light in more detail on this device - http://intranet.americandj.com/ItemRela ... gemled.pdf

Cheers!
-Mel

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: ADJ - Dual Gem

Post by Rod_Horning »

In the PDF you attached there is no mention that this unit can be controlled via DMX.

If it has DMX connectors then perhaps a call to the ADJ support number listed in the PDF might provide additional information.
Melgarh

Post by Melgarh »

Truth be told, I've an identical unit, but its not ADJ, its in pretty rusty shape but still working and has DMX in & out. But by going through solid hour of googling, this was a more known brand of unit that could have had fixture file. Especially since there is Quad Gem version which is implemented in FS. My bad on missing that Dual Gem actually does not have DMX *facepalm*

In case its not possible to get it working on all terms in FS (as its behaving rather eratically atm) would a generic DMX physical controller be able to handle this? Cheers for any advice =)
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

FS puts a lot of VERY helpful programming around DMX.

The output of FS is, just as every DMX controller, an electronic signal that complies with DMX protocol and specifications. To not get to technical, all DMX controllers send a signal that is comprised of a string of addresses (1 to 512) paired with a value (1 to 255).

DMX controlled instruments respond to the address to which they have been configured and the value associated with that address. The instrument knows nothing about the controller that is sending the address and value. It does not matter if the controller is a very simple and inexpensive controller or a multi-thousand dollar controller - all the instrument cares about is the address and value.

Lets say you have a RGB par that has 4 channels: 1-dimmer, 2-red, 3-green, 4-blue. The $100 controller and the $4000 controller and Freestyler all send the same signal: dimmer level, red level, green level, blue level. The instrument does not know or care which controller is sending the signal.

If the instrument does not support DMX then Freestyler, nor any DMX controller, can not control the instrument.

Hope this helps. I was not sure I understood your last post but answered based on my understanding.
Melgarh

Post by Melgarh »

Thank you very much for spending your time to explain this to me, I understand therefore if I won't make it run in FS then no point spending money on simple DMX HW console, cheerio!

Will keep up trying to send signals to it, weekend's free anyway thanks to closure of travel out of country anyway..

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”