These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Beginer 2 Channel Fixtures

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
lightning_young
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Beginer 2 Channel Fixtures

Post by lightning_young »

I am trying to get DMX control of two simple lights, one is a 2ch Strobe and the other 2ch UV wash.
I found a couple of pff for strobe and UV but am unable to get anything to work. I'm not sure if its an issue with DMX cable or just a dip switch or fixture setting. How do I go about troubleshooting this?

The strobe is an equinox firecracker
ch1 = 0-255 Flash Speed
ch2 = 0-255 Flash Dimmer

Shutter ch. not set
Strode ch. 1 low=0, med=128, high=255
Intensity ch.2 min=0, max=255
Lamp ch. not set

The UV is a equinox UV Stratos
ch1 = 000-250 Dimming
ch1 = 250-255 Sound Active
ch2 = 000-255 Speed

Shutter ch. 1 closed=255
Strode ch. 2 off=0 low=22, med=124, high=255
Intensity ch.1 min=0, max=255
Lamp ch.1 min=0, max=255

Any help wit pointers would be very much appreciated. Once I get one working I should be fine with the rest of my fixtures. Just can't seem to get started.

Thanks in advance,
Olly

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Beginer 2 Channel Fixtures

Post by Rod_Horning »

Make sure the channels to which you set your instruments and the channels you told Freestyler to use are the same. Make sure you have the correct interface defined in Freestyler setup. If you are using the Enttec Pro I have sometimes needed to the the PRO Utility to get the interface to connect to my PC.

Use the Fixture Creator to EXPORT the fixture definitions and upload the exports to this thread so that we may look at how the fixtures are defined to Freestyler.
lightning_young
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by lightning_young »

I know my DMX is working fine, as I changed the address of another fixture and (miniMac) and the strobe started firing. Didn't have full control but it was working. So I guess it must mean I have the fixture settings wrong somewhere. I have attached the pff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

Your Firecraker fixture has both the strobe and dimmer channel defined as channel 1. Based on your original post try defining the dimmer channel as channel 2

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”