These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Tomshine 80w Moving Head

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
jffj41
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Tomshine 80w Moving Head

Post by jffj41 »

I need help with a profile for my new lights. There is very little information in the manual. I am attaching a photo of what info is available. They have 8 colors and 8 gobos that's about all of the info that I can find. I cant seem to locate a list of the gobos and colors. Thank you for any help you can give me as I am new!
tomshine.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Tomshine 80w Moving Head

Post by Rod_Horning »

Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

I took a chance and developed a fixture.

The color wheel is there just to give you an idea. If you can supply the colors and DMX values I will update the fixture to correct the color wheel.

The gobo wheel may have the correct images but the DMX values are not correct. Please supply corrections so that I can update the fixture.

Also, if you can post a clearer picture I can create custom sliders for the sound and strobe functions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jffj41
Just started using FS

Post by jffj41 »

[Yes that is my light. The images on the site are not in correct order. I will do my best to explain. Colors are as follows, 1-white, 2-red, 3-green, 4-blue, 5-yellow, 6-orange, 7-cyan, 8-magenta. Then it goes to split colors. 9red-white, 10red-green etc thru the colors at 127 colors begin to rotate counter clockwise and at 192 they begin to rotate clockwise. Gobos are as follows 1-circle, 2hashed star, 3 triangles, 4-swirl, 5 star, 6spots or dots, 7 locked circles, 8 segmented star then they repeat with shake. at 127 they begin to rotate ccw and at 192 they go clockwise. As I stated I am very new to freestyler was using an elation board before this. I will attach a higher res image of the manual Information. Also I wanted to thank you VERY much for your help. Very Kind of you!
tomshinedmx.jpg
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Thank you for the info. That will help. With your information I can place the colors on the color selection window in the correct order and provide custom sliders for the rotation. With the Elation board can you see the DMX values? Without the correct values the color selection window will still not provide the desired results. If the DMX value is not available from the Elation board then you can use Freestyler to find them. To accomplish this you would use the standard slider for channel 8 in the upper right corner, moving it and making a note of the value in the Show Output window that selects the color.

The same comment applies to go the gobo. I can order them correctly now but will need the DMX values for the gobo selection window to work as desired.
jffj41
Just started using FS

Post by jffj41 »

Sorry for the delay.. That took a minute. White=0-6 no7.ed 8-15 no 16, Green 17-23 no 24, Blue 25-31, Yellow 32-38 no 39, orange 40-46 no 47, cyan 48-55 no 56, Magenta 57-63 no 64, Split red/white 65-72 etc. Colors rotate ccw 128-191, Colors rotate cw 191-255. Gobos-Circle 0-6 no 7, hashed star, 8-15 no 16, Triangles 17-23 no 24, Swirl 25-31, Star 32-38 no 39, Spots 40-46 no 47, locked circles 48-55 no 56, Segmented star 57-63 no 64, 128-191 ccw rotate, 192-255 cw rotate. I hop this helps. Again THANK YOU so much!
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Attached is a fixture updated with your additional information - thank you. There may still be some errors so please check it carefully and let me know.

The following helpful programming windows (top menu item Window->All) are available:
Colors
Gobos
Lamp
Pan Tilt
Custom Sliders
jffj41
Just started using FS

Post by jffj41 »

Everything seems to work except blackout. Any thoughts on that? And a great job! Thank you SO MUCH! I will study the profile and use it to learn from.
jffj41
Just started using FS

Post by jffj41 »

Found it. I moved intensity channel to shutter channel and set a 255 value and it works now! Thanks again!
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

You are welcome. I am glad it is working.
logan3mv
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: X2

Post by logan3mv »

Hey, so I used to most recent profile you posted (thanks by the way, took forever to find something like that), but none of the lights seem to respond when get them setup. I'm pretty positive the channel addresses are correct. This is my first time plugging lights into any software let alone really using them on a professional level period so I'm sure it's a simple fix I'm just over looking.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

If you use the output monitor then you can see what FreeStyler are sending on the channals.
"Output" -> "Output monitor"

On the fixture there are probably a DMX indicator (flashing LED) which indicate is the fixture receive a DMX signal.

And finally check if the fixture have more modes and if it is in the right mode.

/Jan
SubZ3r06
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: X2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by SubZ3r06 »

File keeps saying “ tomshine80Wmovehead_11ch.fxt: subscript our of range”

I can’t seem to find a solution. I am also new to this and recently purchased these heads as well.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”