These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

No Name RGBW LED Spider Beam

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
ak1919
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

No Name RGBW LED Spider Beam

Post by ak1919 »

Hi, :-)
Can anybody help us... :-)
My 9 years old son just got this as a birthday gift.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RGBW-80W-8x- ... Sw61hadDqc

Now we would like to try to control it from his laptop. So I bought this controller.

https://www.thomann.de/dk/eurolite_usb_ ... ate_ad.htm

As far as I can see we need a Fixture file to get started ?!
Does anybody in here know if there is a fixture file for this device ?
It would be a very big help, so we can get started learning this DMX stuff. :-)

Thanks in advance
Best regards

Viktor and Allan
Roenne / Denmark

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: No Name RGBW LED Spider Beam

Post by Rod_Horning »

You are correct you do need a fixture file. A fixture file describes the light instrument to Freestyler and provides helpful programming windows. You will need to install a driver for the controller and use the Freestyler setup to choose your controller.

Attached is a fixture that may work. Without documentation of the light fixture's DMX channel usage there is no way to be certain - they all differ. If you can either provide a link to the user manual, upload the manual or upload pictures of the pages of the manual which show the DMX channel usage then a fixture specific to your instrument can be made.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ak1919

Post by ak1919 »

Hi Rod_Horning, :-)

Thank you for your quick reply, and thank you so much for taking your time to help us.
We appreciate it SO MUCH !!! :-)

I have installed the driver from the suppliers homepage. But we are waiting for the controller to arrive.
Due to T&T it should arrive tomorrow.
Then I will download the fixture file and try it
I have attached the manual. - For me it does not make much sense. ;-)
But now we have a fixture file to start up with.

Thanks again for your help !! :-) :-) :-)

Have a nice day

Best regards
Viktor and Allan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Thank you for posting the manual. I hope I can help you.

Attached is a 15 channel fixture based on the manual you provided. The channel usage is different than the fixture I previously posted so I do not think the prior one will work.

The instrument in the eBay link says 7 or 13 channel mode. The manual you posted is 7 or 15 channel mode. Hopefully the manual is correct.

After you download the fixture it must be imported to Freestyler. If you have Freestyler installed then double clicking on the downloaded file should import it into Freestyler.

You must use the instruments physical control panel to select DMX mode and set the starting channel number. If this is your first fixture a starting channel number of 1 is fine.

After you start Freestyler you must add the fixture to the Freestyler workspace. This is done from the menu item Setup, Add/Remove fixtures. Locate the fixture and add it to the workspace. Make sure the starting address you specify is the same as the physical configuration.

After the instrument is added to the Freestyler workspace you must click on it (select it) to have Freestyler send commands to it via DMX. When you click on it you should see 15 sliders in the upper right hand corner of the Freestyler workspace. You can control all of the functions using these sliders.

If you click on the top menu item Window->All Freestyler will open a couple of helpful programming windows. One of the windows will be a Macros window. Clicking on a macro will send the DMX value to the instrument for the associated effect. Depending on how the manufacture did the internal programming of the instrument you may need to set the dimming channel(s) higher than 0 in order for the various LEDs to light.

I hope you and your son enjoy using both your light and Freestyler. It is always nice to see dads and sons exploring things together. Explore the various functions of Freestyler. It may take a little time to learn to use Freestyler well but it is worth the time invested.

The Wiki is a very good resource for learning about Freestyler.
Folks on this forum are usually helpful also.

If you use Facebook you may find this of interest also:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/the.light.project/
ak1919

Post by ak1919 »

Hi Rod_Horning, :-)

WAUW... THANK YOU... !!!

I said to my son that there was no guarantee that we would get any answers.
Now we have a fixture file and a fully startup description.
We are so thankful... You are the best !! :-) :-)
Now we only need the controller to arrive so we can start testing, learning and playing.

Thanks again.
I will send some feedback when we have tried it.

Best regards
Viktor and Allan
ak1919

Post by ak1919 »

Hi Rod_Horning, :)

We are up and running ... Thanks to you.. !!! :D :D :D

Your guide was perfect !!
We are having so much fun playing with the light. Now we want to buy more fixtures :D

The only thing that's not working is the Sound 2 Light.
The VU meter in reacting on the sound/music. The green "LED" on the beat button is
blinking. But there in no random DMX values sent to the fixture.
But we will keep on trying until we have figured it out... :) :)

Thank you for helping us !! :) :)

Best regards
Viktor and Allan
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Thank you very much for the update. I am glad you are enjoying the light. Lighting can be addictive!!

I hope someone else reads this and can help you with the S2L. I have never used it.

Have fun!!
sfina

Post by sfina »

Hello I have same lights but with 13 channel any help
Attached is the 13 ch description

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”