These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Varytec Led Pad Bar Compact ST RGBW

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
jayson_vendetta
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: X2
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Varytec Led Pad Bar Compact ST RGBW

Post by jayson_vendetta »

Hello,
I've tried 2 create a fixture with this light many times. just can't get it right. it's the first time i'm working with lights

Name: Varytec Led Pad Bar Compact ST RGBW
Manuel: https://bkbraun.com/out/media/113437_BA ... T_RGBW.pdf

thanks

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Varytec Led Pad Bar Compact ST RGBW

Post by Rod_Horning »

Thank you for including a link to the manual.

Are you interested in the 3, 5 or 24 channel mode?
jayson_vendetta

Hi,
the 24 channel mode please
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

In 24 channel mode the Varytec is actually 8 instruments; 4 LEDs and 4 white STROBEs.

There are 2 ways to control the Varytec via DMX:
1) as 1 instrument with 24 channels
2) as 8 instruments
- 4 LEDs with 5 channels (Red, Green, Blue, Dimmer, Strobe)
- 4 WHITE STROBES with 1 channel (Strobe)

The advantage of using 1 fixture definition with 24 channels is that you only need 1 fixture on the Freestyler work space. The attached fixture is set up with RGB segments so that the Freestyler Colors window is available and the 4 LEDs colors can be controlled together or separately via the segments feature.

The disadvantage is that, while the individual standard sliders will control the dimming and strobe functions, Freestyler is unaware of the dimming and strobe functions and thus those functions in Freestyler are not activated for this fixture.

Here is the 24 channel fixture:
Varytec_LED_PAD_BAR_24chan.pff

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The advantage of using multiple fixture definitions is that Freestyler will be aware of the dimming and strobe functions, as well as the RGB function, and thus those functions will be activated.

The disadvantage is that 8 fixtures must be loaded to the Freestyler work space and, very important, attention must be paid to the addressing so that the fixture definition controls the correct instrument.

I recommend that you add the 4 LEDs with one operation since Freestyler will automatically assign consecutive addresses. Next add the 4 Strobes making sure that the starting address of the first strobe is 1 higher than the strobe address of the last LED (20 higher than the starting address of the first LED).

If this option is chosen I recommend that you position the 8 instruments on the Freestyler workspace such that their relationship is very clear.

Here is the 5 channel LED fixture and the 1 channel STROBE fixture:
Varytec_LED_PAD_BAR_LED_5chan.pff
Varytec_LED_PAD_BAR_STROBE_1chan.pff
Your feedback will be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jayson_vendetta

Hi,
thank you very much, Sadly i still can't get it 2 work.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Please review page 9 of the user manual. Verify you have your instrument configured to use DMX. Also verify that the address configured in your instrument and the address of the fixture in Freestyler are identical.

If that does not solve your problem please describe the issues you are having. Can you control other instruments with Freestyler?

I don't know that we can solve them but we will try.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”