These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Adj focus spot two

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
BobRock
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Adj focus spot two

Post by BobRock »

Hello. is anyone who has made fixture file for adj focus spot two? I can not do it correctly.
focus_spot_two.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Adj focus spot two

Post by Rod_Horning »

Your instrument can be configured to use either 16 or 18 DMX channels. 18 channel mode is recommended as it gives you finer control over PAN and TILT.

Your instrument has two LEDs. (1) bright white (2) UV

There is a dimmer channel and a strobe channel for each LED. [The manual is not clear so it is possible that the master dimmer for the bright white LED will also dim the UV LED]

While a Freestyler fixture can be created which will control all 18 channels Freestyler will only recognize one channel as a dimmer channel and one channel as a strobe channel. What this means is that Freestyler will only provide helpful programming windows for one dimmer and one strobe channel - the other dimmer and strobe channel will only be controlled by the standard sliders in the upper right hand corner of the Freestyler workspace. This is probably not a major issue for the strobe channel. The second dimmer channel, however, will not react to the Freestyler Master Intensity slider control or the Toggle Black Out control, nor to the FX chase editor dimmer chase mode.

What can be done is to create 2 Freestyler fixtures. The first would control channels 1 thru 10 (most of the bright white LED features). The second would control channels 11 thru 18. (the UV LED and the remaining instrument features). This allows Freestyler to understand 2 dimmer and 2 strobe channels thus providing the helpful programming windows and full reaction to the Master Intensity, Toggle Black Out. It does not solve the FX editor issue because the two dimmer channels would mostly react separately, not together.

The trade offs:
- Additional Freestyler work space used (2 fixtures for each physical instrument)
- Making sure to add the second fixture with the correct starting address (10 higher than the first fixture).
- Keeping the 2 fixture pictures together on the workspace and naming them appropriately to remind yourself they control the same physical instrument.
- A little more effort when programming Sequences. IE. Select the first fixture to set channels 1 through 10, unselect the first fixture, select the second fixture and set channels 11 through 18.

It will take me a day or two to create an 18 channel fixture for you to try. If needed, later I will create the 2 fixture option.
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

Had more time this morning than planned. Attached is the 18 channel fixture.
The following windows are available (Window -> All):
  • Beam
    Colors
    Gobos
    Lamp
    Macros
    Custom Sliders
    Pan / Tilt
Please test and provide feedback.

ADJ_FocusSpotTwo_18ch.pff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BobRock
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Post by BobRock »

Thx Rod! I will test it this week!

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”