These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Find it hard to make fixture for Beamz 15 W moving head

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
hlynge
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.645
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Find it hard to make fixture for Beamz 15 W moving head

Post by hlynge »

Would appreciate to have some help on how to start making a fixture for this movinghead that I have got used:

Beamz MINI SPOT LED MOVINGHEAD, 150.446

Link to User Manual:
http://www.billebro.se/proddoc/PRID_311 ... _FR_ES.pdf

Kind regards
Henrik Lynge

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Find it hard to make fixture for Beamz 15 W moving head

Post by Rod_Horning »

5 channel or 13 channel mode?
hlynge

Post by hlynge »

13 channel mode but where do I start ?
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

First make sure your physical instrument is configured to use 13 channels.

I would make .BMP images of the gobos on page 6 of the PDF. The size should be 30 by 30 pixels. The open and rainbow images already exist in the Freestyler gobos directory.

I would also create an image of the instrument, size about 85 pixels wide maintaining the ratio. Save this image in the Freestyler/Fixtures directory.

If you are using Windows 10 the Snipping Tool can create the initial image and PAINT can resize it and save it as a .BMP

Now use the Fixture Creator to define your fixture. Choose the Custom option.

The Manufacturer is BeamZ
The Fixture name should be something like MiniSpot LED MH 15ch
The Fixt. picture would be the one you just created.
Total channels will be 13

Now use information from the user manual (page 5 of the PDF) to fill in the channels and DMX values.

Channel 13 is the gobo channel. Set goboch.1 to a value of 13. Freestyler will add a tab labeled 1st gobowheel. Select this tab and fill in the DMX values and gobo images. Next click on the Custom sliders tab. Create 2 sliders; one for the positive rainbow range and one for the negative rainbow range.

Go to the Fixture config. tab, click the check box next to Enable CMY / RGB and then click the check box next to RGB values. Then fill in the Red Ch. Green Ch. Blue Ch. values

The fixture also has predefined colors, controlled by channel 10. Set the value of 1st colorch. to 10 and the n colors to 16. Freestyler will add a tab labeled 1st colorwheel. Click on the 1st colorwheel tab and fill in the DMX values and the corresponding picture. For the rainbow effect select the Custom sliders tab and add 1 tab for the rainbow effect.

Next select the Channel description tab and change the text to whatever will be helpful to you. Channel 11 and channel 12 will probably not have text. I suggest something like LED speed for 11 and Macros or Auto Pgm for 12.

Next select the Macros tab. Add 17 macros. Now using the info for channel 12 create the 17 macros. The DMX values will be recorded in the column labeled ch. 12 and add an appropriate picture.

File File -> Save -> Save As to save your fixture. I prefix the Freestyler generated file name with the Manufacture (BeamZ in this case). This helps prevent duplicate file names since more than one manufacturer may use a very similar name.

You are now ready to add the fixture to Freestyler. After you add it and select it click on the top menu item Window -> All. You will see several windows open. You will see the color pallet with a tab for the predefined colors, a gobo window, a custom slider window, the macro window and a lamp window.

Give it a try.

Please ask any additional questions you have.
hlynge

Post by hlynge »

Now I have tried to give it my very best.
When entering a range like in the 1st colorwheel do you enter the lowest or the highest value ???

would you be kind and check if there are obvious errors.

What pictures can I use for the Macros ????
MiniSpot LED MH 15w 13 channel .pff
hlynge

Post by hlynge »

trying to attache file:

download/file.php?mode=view&id=3634
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

It looks pretty good!!

Depending on what the instrument actually does as the values in channel 6 vary from 10 to 134 you may find a custom slider to be helpful though certainly not necessary.

You may also find custom sliders for the channel 13 rainbow effect helpful (in addition to the gobo wheel settings). Again, not necessary but possibly helpful.

Are the images with the macros what the light does or just some you liked? The images are there to give you a visual of what the instrument does if you set that channel to that value. If these are not the images but they help you, keep them. Otherwise you might want to find ones that are closer to what the light does - or just use the images that are text (in the macros tab of the fixture creator there is a search box. Search for auto and search for sound for examples of text images.)
hlynge

Post by hlynge »

Now I have been having a chance to test the above fixture and it works very well. I do have one challenge.
Why am I not able to change the color of the light.
I have tried via both fixed colors, CMY RGB and making a custom slider from 0 - 255 but nothing will change.
Have tried 2 lamps and they can change color on auto programme
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Your light does shine white light?
hlynge

Post by hlynge »

Yes they shine white light and only when using automatic programmes am I able to change color
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

It may be that the physical instrument is configured for 5 channel mode instead of 13 channel mode. See MODE 6 on page 7 of the user manual.

If this is the case then the 13 channel Freestyler fixture will not control your lights in the expected manor.
hlynge

Post by hlynge »

Have confirmed they are set to 13 channel and all other controls work
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Please do this check:

In the Freestyler top menu click on Output then click on Show Output. This will open a window that shows the value Freestyler is sending to each DMX channel.

Find your fixture in this window.

Click on the fixture icon.

Now look at the values for your fixture. Are the values what you expect?

Adjust the colors and look at the values. Are the values what you expect?

If the values are not correct then there is something wrong with the fixture definition.

If the values are correct then either the physical instrument is not configured correctly or it is defective.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”