These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

ADJ Mega Par Profile System

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Tibby
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

ADJ Mega Par Profile System

Post by Tibby »

Can anyone help me with the 15 channel program for this fixture? It's kinda odd because it is like 4 fixtures, all wired together in kinda like one fixture. I've been making attempts, but am failing miserably. I've uploaded the manual that has all the parameters. Thanks! Kind of a newb here, so have patience. ;)
Thanks, Tim

mega_par_profile_system_en.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: ADJ Mega Par Profile System

Post by Rod_Horning »

One way:
Define 2 fixtures. The first is a 3 channel fixture where channel 1 is the red channel, 2 is the green and 3 is the blue. The second fixture is also a 3 channel fixture - channel 1 is the strobe channel, 2 is the PROGRAMS channel (make it either a GOBO or COLOR WHEEL channel if you want a window with GIFs for the various programs) and channel 3 is the Dimmer channel. When you add these to the Freestyler workspace add 4 of the RGB fixtures and 1 of the other fixture. MAKE SURE YOU SET THE CORRECT ADDRESSES when you add them.

Another way:
In the fixture creator click on RGB segments. An RGB SEGMENTS tab will now be available. Click on this tab. Specify 1 row and 4 segments per row. In the first red box enter 1, the first green box enter 2, the first blue box enter 3, continue across entering 4 5 6 7 8 9 10. Go back to the Fixture Config tab and enter the strobe and dimmer information. Again, for the PROGRAMS, you may use either the GOBO or COLOR wheel if desired. When you add this fixture to the Freestyler workspace add only 1 (or however many of these you have). When you then select the fixture click on Window -> All (top menu item). In the COLORs window you will now see check boxes for the RGB segments. Any segment checked will respond to the color pallet.

Hope this helps.
Tibby

Post by Tibby »

Thanks Rod! I'm going to try this tomorrow. I was playing around with your second suggestion earlier today, and I think that's the way to go. I understood your first suggestion, up to the point of "Make sure you set the correct addresses". The fixture bar only has one display to set the address for the whole bar of lights, not each light individually. So I think I'm screwed on that one??? I'll give it a shot tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.
Thanks again, Tim
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Hi Tibby. Sorry my comment wasn't clear. The fixture display where you set the address sets the address for the first channel. The rest of the 14 channels simply follow. My comment was to make sure you specified the correct addresses when you added the fixtures to the Freestyler workspace. Example: If you add the 4 RGB fixtures all at one time and you specify a starting address of 21 then the first fixture will control addresses 21, 22, 23; the second 24,25,26; the third 27,28,29; the fourth 30,31,32. Now when you add the fixture to control strobe, programs and dimming you must tell Freestyler the starting address is 33 otherwise it will not match the physical instrument.

This is the way I originally suggested folks configure these multi-light instruments. The reason was that I did not understand the RGB segments and I wanted a way to use the pallet in the COLOR window to control the color of each light. Now that I understand segments I think that is the better way to go.
Tibby

Post by Tibby »

Ron, got it up and running. Thanks for the input! Now, maybe you can help me with another problem. I have two of these light bars for a duo thing I'm doing. One on each side in front, facing back at us. I want to be able to turn one white lite on a person with a slider (or over ride button), at will, when they are singing a lead or a harmony part. Say I have all 8 red lights on, and want to override one red light to fade into white on demand. I created an override button to do this, but it turns off the other 3 lights on the bar when I do it. I should be able to control this one separate light as a separate fixture, but not sure how to do it using the rgb segments. I have the rgb segments I don't want to change, unchecked, but they still react and turn off when I use the over ride button. Any thoughts on this? Thanks, Tim
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Tibby

I set up two sequences that I think do what you want to do. I needed to set the segments that are to remain red to not react in the WHITE ONLY sequence. To do that I changed the icon on the right side of the standard Freestyler sliders to a red circle with a dash in it (just click on each one until you see this).

Turning off the segments means that the color pallet will not change the unselected ones. It does not mean they will be left out of the sequence. If you created the sequence with the other segments set to a value of 0 then the other segments will be turned off.
Tibby

Post by Tibby »

"Ron, you're a goddamn genius" (from Forest Gump) Haha! I worked for an hour on this getting nowhere, and then all of a sudden from the right side of the screen this little box popped out, and low and behold there was the RGB table, with all the little lightning bolt icons and red dot icons. I've been trying to do this from the color wheel dialog box, but the lightning bolt and red dot icons would not cooperate, changing randomly as I turned each led segment on and off. I see why now. Each led segment has it's own individual on/off/fade icons in that separate pop out table. I've never had to use that in the past with my other fixtures. So, this is really coming together nicely now. I've never been so excited about 2 measly little light fixtures for my acoustic duo! Lol. OK, one more request. The spot light program I created fades in and out like it should if i run it like a program. I want to assigned it to an over ride button, so I can turn it on and off at will. Then it won't change with color scene changes, which is the way I want it. Problem though... It won't fade in with the over ride button assignment, but comes on abruptly. Is there any way to assign a fade time to an over ride button? I'm still researching and googling, so I haven't given up. Wondered if you have any insight on this. Thanks so much for your help!! When I started this whole thing I thought it was impossible, but I'm finding out otherwise.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Maybe.
I'm running Freestyler 4.6.43. I don't know what other versions support the following.

I accomplished what you want to do with Overrides using an experimental feature. In the Override Button window click on the Gear icon. When the Options window appears click on Fade-In.

You will need 2 overrides. One to turn the white light on and the other to turn the white light off. Just using a sequence to turn the white light on will only 1/2 work - it will fade the light up but when you click the button again it will turn the light off abruptly.

Hope this helps
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

One possible issue. Since you have a sequence running that produces all RED, When the sequences in the override run you may get a rainbow as the green and blue fade to full or fade to 0. Please let me know what happens. Thanks.
Tibby

Post by Tibby »

Ron, the "experimental" fade works great. Thank You! I think they can remove the experimental part of that description. haha! I don't notice any weird effects when I fade the white spots in. Everything works/looks as it should, except the abrupt fade out when you shut the over ride button off. I will work on the over ride to fade out.

As long as I got you on the line, do you know if there is a way to shut the over ride button off with a regular sequence? For the endings of some songs, I wanna do a "fade to black". I wrote a sequence to fade everything to black. Works great...... if there isn't an over ride button on. Of course, you can shut the over ride button off just before you do the "fade to black", but it's kinda a pain. Hey, if were going automated with FreeStyler, lets go all the way, right? Got any thoughts on that. Thanks, Tim
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

You sure are "forcing" me to learn more about Freestyler :D (Thats good!)

I don't know of any way to turn off the Override as part of a sequence.

I did learn about another feature of the Override. You can set an Override button to FLASH mode. To do this right click on the desired Override button and click on Flash. Now when you click on the Override button the scene runs AS LONG AS you have the mouse button pressed (kind of a bump button). Here is the interesting bit - when you release the Override button the scene FADES, just like you asked.

You might consider submitting a feature request asking for the Override button to fade instead of snap when it is turned off and NOT set to Flash when . This is done from the menu item at the top of this page called The Bug Tracker. (I think you have to set up another account - I don't remember for sure).
Tibby

Post by Tibby »

Excellent Ron. I'll give that a whirl. I'll leave you alone for a few days now. Lol! I know I was pushing the boundaries there!! Thanks so much for your help!
Tibby

ADJ Mega Par Profile System *Solved*

Post by Tibby »

Solved by Ron_Horning!
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

No problems Tibby. Glad I was able to help you.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”