These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Focus Spot 1 and Focus Spot 2

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
jlemon46
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 512
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: c3churchtv

Focus Spot 1 and Focus Spot 2

Post by jlemon46 »

Does anyone have a fixture for the American DJ Focus Spot 1 and/or Focus Spot 2?

I've been trying to create the fixtures myself, but I'm having trouble.

http://cdb-cdn.adj.com/ItemRelatedFiles ... ot_one.pdf
http://cdb-cdn.adj.com/ItemRelatedFiles ... ot_two.pdf

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: Focus Spot 1 and Focus Spot 2

Post by Rod_Horning »

To help you learn would you use the fixture creator and export the fixture file(s) you have created. Post them in this thread and describe what issue(s) you are having. I, or someone, will help you.
jlemon46

Post by jlemon46 »

Thank you! I'm still on the Focus Spot One. I kind of guessed my way through the color and gobo channels. I got a little confused with the channel 5 with the gobo rotation - just how to put that in.

Then, I was lost with the Strobe/Shutter, UV Strobing, and ESPECIALLY Show on channel 11, Show Speed on channel 12, Dimmer modes on 13, and function on 15.

I'm guessing the Pan/Tilt on 14 should be put on the pan/tilt 16bit respectively?

I've never had to program movers before, so I'm a little (or alot) lost :shock:

here's the manual again if that helps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Moving heads with multiple options can be a challenge. Before I begin please be aware that I've never actually used a moving head instrument. However, I have created fixtures for several folks and the feedback has been very positive.

You chose the 15 channel mode in the fixture you posted. Based on a post from another user, if you can afford to use the 17 channel mode you may find the movement of the head more satisfactory. Should you choose to do so then Channel 1 is Pan 8bit, Channel 2 is Pan 16bit. Channel 3 is Tilt 8bit and Channel 4 is Tilt 16bit. The Pan and Tilt range should be set to 255, which is the max DMX value, not the movement degrees.

For the rest of this post I will use the 15 channel mode

Channel 3 controls the color. This instrument, as do most others I've seen, mixes fixed and variable effects -ie. there are 10 fixed effects (the colors and STOP) and 2 variable effects (clockwise and counter-clockwise slow to fast). I suggest you set the number of colors to 10 and add two custom sliders to handle the color rotation. In the Fixture Creator click on the Custom sliders and then click the Add button twice. This will add 2 custom sliders. Set the channel for both sliders to 3. In the first custom slider set Min to 128 and Max to 189 and give it a Name that you understand to be Color Clockwise Rotation Fast - Slow. In the second custom slider set Min to 194 and Max to 255 and give it a Name that you understand to be Color Counter-Clockwise Rotation Slow - Fast.

Channel 4 controls the GOBOs. Again there are fixed (14) and variable (2) effects. I suggest you do the same here as with the colors. In the Fixture you posted you have goboch.1 set to 4 and N* gobos to 14 which is my recommendations. In addition add 2 custom sliders to control the clockwise and counter-clockwise rotation.

Channel 5, according to the PDF, also controls GOBO rotation in some manner. I think I would set up goboch. 2 to 5 and the N* gobos to 1 (the 1 being the STOP value). Again set up Custom Sliders to control the Indexing (min 0 max 127) and clockwise rotation (min 128 max 189) and counter-clockwise rotation (min 194 max 255).

You set the Focus channel to 6 which is correct. You also correctly set the min to 0. The max should be 255, the DMX value for 100%

Channel 7, the Strobe/Shutter channel should, I think, be configured as the Shutter ch. have the open value set to 8 and the closed value set to 0. Consider adding 4 Custom Sliders to control the strobing effect.

Channel 8 is the master dimmer and probably should be configured as the Intensity channel (min 0 max 255)

Channel 9 is UV strobe. I think you could configure the Strobe ch. as 9 (as you did) with the off value set to 0 (as you did). Again, consider adding 4 Custom sliders to control the UV Strobing effect.

Channel 10 is the UV Master Dimmer. Try configuring the Lamp channel as 10 with a min of 0 and a max of 255

Channel 11 controls the pre-programmed shows. Probably the easiest way to set this up is to use the goboch. 3. Set it to 11 and n* gobos to 6. This will add a 3th gobowheel tab in the Fixture Creator where you will fill in the DMX values and pictures.

Channel 12 controls the Show Speed. I think you have this set up correctly. You will use the standard sliders that appear in the upper right side of the display when you select the fixture to control the Show speed.

Channel 13 controls the Dimmer Modes (the dimming curve). If the Standard dimming curve is acceptable to you then you need do nothing more than you've done in your fixture. You could add macros to select the dimming curve. Setting up macros is similar to setting up Custom Sliders. Macros use pictures (like color and gobos do) instead of a name. Macros can control multiple channels if needed though for this function only channel 13 would be specified.

Channel 14 controls the Pan/Tilt speed. Like Channel 12 I think you have this set up correctly and will use the standard sliders.

Channel 15, if you need to set it to other than 0, would probably best be controlled with Macros. 6 macros cover all functions. 7 if you want one for NOTHING.

If you choose to create your own graphics the size of the gobo graphic is 30x30 pixels. I think the macros are the same. I've used a combination of tools to create the graphics, none of which am I very happy with so I will not make a recommendation.

I did create GIFs for the 6 gobos and they are attached. I did not include GIFs for the shake version of the gobos.

I will be happy to answer any questions (if I can). Should you try any of my suggestions PLEASE provide feedback so that I may learn also.

Note - the macros and custom sliders appear in separate windows when you select the fixture. If you do not see then, in the Freestyler Menu bar, click on Windows then click on All. You may need to move the windows around a bit in order to see them completely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Rod_Horning on April 5th, 2017, 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Here is gobo6
jlemon46

Post by jlemon46 »

Thank you very much for taking the time! I'll dig into it.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”