These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

I need a fixture for Chauvet GigBar 2

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
JustMe
Knows how to turn Lights ON

I need a fixture for Chauvet GigBar 2

Post by JustMe »

Here is a link to the manual
https://www.chauvetdj.com/wp-content/up ... ML5_WO.pdf

I am very new to dmx and just starting to try things out so not very familiar with how to create my own fixture and if someone can help me out and create it for me that would be very helpful

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: I need a fixture for Chauvet GigBar 2

Post by Rod_Horning »

Interesting instrument. Are you planning to use the 23 channel mode or the 11 channel mode?

If you are thinking the 23 channel mode you might find it easier if you create several fixtures:
1. PAR control (5 channel fixture)
2. Derby control (3 channel fixture)
3. Laser control (3 channel fixture)
4. Strobe control (4 channel fixture)
You would add 6 fixtures in your Freestyler location instead of 1
(2 PARs, 2 Derbys, 1 Laser, 1 Strobe)

You need to make sure you tell Freestyler the correct starting address of each fixture.
To explain: If your instrument is configured with a starting address of 1 then
PAR 1 has a Freestyler starting address of 1
PAR 2 has a Freestyler starting address of 6
Derby 1 has a Freestyler staring address of 11
Derby 2 has a Freestyler starting address of 14
Laser has a Freestyler starting address of 17
Strobe has a Freestyler starting address of 20

The use of custom sliders and macros should make programming easier also.
Take a look at the function of channel 17 (Laser control). Setting up a macro for each of the 7 functions would make selecting that function a matter of a single click on the icon you choose to represent the macro. Derby control (channel 11) likewise could be set up with 10 macros.

Since you will have 6 fixtures on the Freestyler display you would want to position them and name them such that it is easy to see at a glance they are really a single instrument.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are thinking the 11 channel mode a single fixture is probably fine. Again, macros and custom sliders should make programming easier.

I can create the fixtures if you desire or give it a try yourself (feel free to ask any questions you might have).
JustMe

Post by JustMe »

Cool, the method of having each individual sounds the most appealing and flexible to me. So 23 channel mode

If you would be able to create them for me that would be awesome, plus seeing the settings once created I feel will help me better understand how they are configured and how everything relates to each other and channels.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Attached are the 4 fixture files.
Give them a try.
Ask any questions you may have.
Let me know if anything can be changed or added to make the use easier.
Any and all feedback appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej Rod_Horning

I imported the par fixture and got gobo min error.

It is an error from Fixture creator 6.8 and should have been fixed in 6.9
http://www.freestylersupport.com/bugs/view.php?id=1347

Can you please tell what version of Fixture creator you are using.

/Jan
rod_horning_fixture.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Hi Jan
I am on version 6.9. I remember that error (I think I also reported it in Issue 0001348).
Regards,
Rod
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

The funny thing is if I save your "par" after clearing the error field then I can generate a new pff file without the error.

What happens if you try to import the "par" pff again.
Do you then also have this error.

And if you have the error can you then clear it and generate a new pff without the error

/Jan
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Exactly the same as you found. Imported the .pff and saw the error (in my case the field turned red). cleared the error and saved and exported the fixture. Closed Fixture Creator. Opened Fixture Creator and imported the pff without the error. I started with the pff on my computer so the upload/download is not the issue.

that should be a fun bug to find.
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

I have the original file with error in and I will add that to the bug tracker so it can be checked.

/Jan
JustMe

Post by JustMe »

Thanks so much I was able to import the fixtures even with the error just cleared it and it worked fine
Was able to create my first sequence, still a lot to learn but at least I'm started now
djskip

Post by djskip »

Any possibility of putting the repaired file on here for all to use? I'm looking into this right now. Thanks.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Hi djskip

Did you try the fixtures in my Feb 26, 2017 post? If not please try them first. If you have issues with them please post your results so that I can see if I can fix them.

Rod

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”