These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chauvet Intimidator Spot 250 pff help

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
gta214
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Chauvet Intimidator Spot 250 pff help

Post by gta214 »

Need Help creating this file for the Chauvet intimidator Spot 250 I've created a 14 channel version, light also has 10 channel version what im looking to do is if i did it right. I feel im missing something when i try to program the light not all the functions are in freestyler. Or if somebody has a pff file for this light let me know and may be I can compare it.

Thanks so much in advance

heres the link to the manual

http://www.chauvetlighting.com/products ... ot_250.pdf

and i've attached my pff file that i did
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Chauvet Intimidator Spot 250 pff help

Post by Mavi »

The best one to tell us, if the profile is right, are you. You have the fixture at your side an can test everything. If everything works as yo want, the fixture file should be fine. There is no "right" or wrong to do thinks because you often have more then one way leading to the expected results. For example you can use the gobo rotation channel or, as you did, the prism rotation channel to controll gobo rotation. You only have to know that and use it in FS the way you want ;)

But I just checked out the manual and your profile and there are some points I want to mentione.
First the already said gobo rotation:
You filled the prisim rotation channel but not the gobo rotation. Gobo rotation for gobo channel 1 is calld "gobo rot. 1" and can be found under the gobo 1 channel. As said befor your solution will work. You just need to use the prism rotation channel to controll gobo rotation.
You also have fixed gobo positions (so called indexed gobos). Perhaps you want to use some macros for usign theme. How to use macros can found below.

Secondly in the channel discription tab channels 5, 11 and 12 are not named. You should always name a channel so it is much more easy to fine the right channel again;) I will tell you later one how you can use these channels in a more effective way (and not only by using the sliders in FS).

There is something I want to say about channel 9: shutter/strobe. The manual sais the following:
000 to 007: Shutter closed
008 to 022: Open
023 to 085: Strobe (slow to fast)
086 to 100: Open
101 to 165: Pulse (slow to fast)
166 to 180: Open
181 to 246: Random (slow to fast)
247 to 255: Open

As you see, you can controll much more then only shutter open/closed and strobe. You also have pulse and random. I would enter the values for strobe in fixture creator like slow: 023, med: 055, fast: 085 (or try to finde out wich values ar good for you). You can use macros to controll strob/pulse/and random as well.

Your fixture has also prism rotation. Perhaps you should enter the prism channel to prism rotation. Or you want to use some macros to use prism rotation.

Ok, now some more words about macros:
Your fixture has an Pan/Tilt speed channel (5), a function channel (11) and an effect channel (12). If you want to use some of these features you can programm macros to use them in a much more effective way. You can also use macros to controll the other functions I already mentioned above. A macro is a set of predefined DMX values to one ore more channels. For example you can use a macro to enter values vor gobo rotation/prism rotation with a specific speed. Or you can even use a macro to select a specific pan and tilt position with a gobo in a specific color, prism on and focus set by only hiting one button.

So how can you crate a macro?
First you have to finde out wich channel values you want to use. Perhaps you want to have a fast clockwise gobo rotation. You test out wich value is best for it (something on channel 8 near to 255 I guess). Then you enter the values in the macro tab in Fixture creator. Thats all!

Take a look at this fixture file. I created some macros to controll gobo rotation and prism rotation and you can see how.

Lastly you should use images for gobos/colors/macros that explain the function best. You can create you own imagesor use the ones other created. Everytime you install a packed fixture file (.pff) you will also get the custom images included. So with mine fixture file mentioned above you will receive some new images for prism rotation you maight use.

Hope this advices will help you tweaking your fixture file to get the best result YOU can work with. Feel free to upload the optimized fixture file to the User created Downloads section so other people need this fixture file can use yours.
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
gta214
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by gta214 »

Thanks you so much man!!! exactly what i was looking for i will be fixing my file like you describe i'll be testing the light with the improved file and uploaded to the user created section and again thanks so much for all the info... :)
djmcity
FreeStyler Version: 3.4

Post by djmcity »

Hey I am thinking of getting these lights any chance of getting the updated file?
Thanks!
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

Like the other user says look at the "User created fdownload" section
i allready found 3 differnt types of the intimidator.

Edit:Woeps sorry I see now he did not upload the file.
/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
djmcity

Post by djmcity »

No he didn't lol.... Someone please post a file... I don't want to spend 500 on the elation or chauvet software THANKS!!!
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

I still belive that the best way to get into FS and how it works is to spend a little time learning to use the fixture creator.

Programming lights and understanding DMX is such a massive part of of the whole deal, you will learn much more on getting the best from your fixture if you put the effort in. Its not that hard to do anyway.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

Here the Page with all the info about Fixture creator ;)

http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/fixture_creator

It realy help with allmost all your problems
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Spirit wrote:Here the Page with all the info about Fixture creator ;)

http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/fixture_creator

It realy help with allmost all your problems

Well done Spirit :)

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
djmcity

Post by djmcity »

I used the one he created but the gobos and colors don't match up...
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

djmcity wrote:I used the one he created but the gobos and colors don't match up...

Did you even try to fix this for yourself ? Please have a go at it. It's worth the effort!

djnez2017
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by djnez2017 »

how can I obtain the patch for Chauvet intimidator 250? Please help

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”