These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

KAM iLink lasers

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

KAM iLink lasers

Post by spud1511 »

2 different profiles for the single colour 8 channel (ilink blue 500), and multicolour 10 channel (ilink RGY) lasers from kam.

I had these lasers so long I thought it was about time the profiles were done to get them into my new set of DMX shows ready for the new year!

notes:
Due to kam's dmx implementation the pan & tilt is fully functional, but only moves within the top left quarter of the pan / tilt window. After that it goes into continous directional movement (by speed instead of absolute position). After testing I found it was better to keep it like this so the shapes and movement effects can still be used as normal (click shape button to reduce movement size/position).
I simplified the X and Y rolling into just slow/medium/fast/reset in the macros window, ignoring the different directions as it makes no real difference (its effectively just a squeeze and stretch action to create the effect).
Both lasers have blackout function, automatically applied as default/startup, will go away as soon as a colour is applied to RGY laser, or a mode (DMX control) macro to blue laser, provided obviously the freestyler master blackout is not in effect.
Zoom function works as normal in beam window, but also has some macros for continous zoom effects.

ps thanks to user Jan_K who saved me the bother of finishing rescaling the gobo pictures I had by supplying the full set that were even better.
iLink Blue 500.pff
iLink RGY.pff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rcampey
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: x2

Re: KAM iLink lasers

Post by rcampey »

Has anyone got the fixture file for the Kam iLink GBC? - and the Kam XY RGY?
spud1511
FS is my life

KAM iLink lasers

Post by spud1511 »

Hi rcampey,
The Kam iLink RGY is exactly the same as the GBC, only need to change the pictures for the buttons in the profile and save it as GBC. I am not at home right now, so I can't do it today, but if you try and have any problems let me know and I will do it when I can (won't be today though).

As for the XY, if the iLink profile doesn't do it (I can't remember if the dmx chart was the same) then there is a profile on post #30 posted here viewtopic.php?t=6184 created by user 'djsupport', he is very experienced at making fixtures so I would be pretty confident it will be good and working.
adlen87
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
Twitter: www.twitter.com/spectrumdj

Post by adlen87 »

I was told to use the iLink file for my Kam XY lasers because their DMX settings are the same, but I'm having trouble turning them on and off, so not sure if maybe there is something wrong at my end or if we need a new fixture created?

Lamp:Open/Closed makes no difference. The On/Off on the Shape Maker does not change things. BlackOut on Colors does not help. The only thing I have found to work is the first button in Macros, the AUTO with RGY as the icon - this will make the laser appear or disappear, but I don't think this is meant to be an On/Off button and I'm worried that I might damage my laser if it is used to shut off the beam. Even when I do use this to shut it off, the laser will still come alive in chases where I had set it to disappear using that button.

Can anyone help please? Am I doing something wrong or is it the same for everyone with XY lasers? Thanks!
IMG_2368.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej adlen87

You need to check the manual and the output from freestyler that they match.
Upload the manual and eventually the fixture you are using here then we can guide you.

/Jan
spud1511
FS is my life

Post by spud1511 »

Hi,
The XY lasers dmx profiles are not the same as the iLink.. sorry

the blackout and things you mentioned are controlled on different channels, so will not respond the same way as the iLink laser does.

The good news though is that If you have the patience I have gained 3 kam XY lasers myself and will be making a profile for them soon. Probably not for a few weeks though till I get back home. If you need something sooner than that you can always DIY a profile or consider paying djsupport to make it for you.

Return to “Lasers”