These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Eurolite DMX Operator 192

BabyPickles
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Eurolite DMX Operator 192

Post by BabyPickles »

Hi,

I completely suck at DMX controllers and DMX lights.

I have been thinking about getting myself a DMX Controller. And I have been looking at Eurolite DMX Operator 192.

I only have one question about DMX Controllers that I have been trying to find an answer too without success.
I own a ADJ Stinger 2, ADJ Freq Matrix Quad and iLink blue Laser that I use at local parties and smaller events.
These lights when music controlled already have great built-in programs/chases/scenes that they use.

Is there a way with a DMX controller to use these already exsisting programs? And simply just use the DMX controller to adjust minor details and switch between the lights that I want to be active? Or do I have to make new programs from scratch with such a controller?

I would have just gotten myself a simple remote control with cable but the only controls available for atleast the Stinger 2 are wireless. These wireless controls are horrible.

Hopefully someone has a quick answer for me. Thank you!

Regards
Jonathan

Colouredmirrorball
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Eurolite DMX Operator 192

Post by Colouredmirrorball »

Sometimes fixtures have a DMX value for "auto" or "music" mode that are often the same as the built-in programs. Others have "macro" or "effect" values. If they don't, you can't access the built-in programs with DMX and you'll need to program some effects manually. You'll have to look into the manual for each device to see their DMX mapping.

Return to “Eurolite”