These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Stairville LED PAR 64 (5mm) Floor

herrmarvado
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Stairville LED PAR 64 (5mm) Floor

Post by herrmarvado »

Dear Freestyler,

I am almost there with creating the right texture for this par but the problem becomes with the strobe. The strobe doesn't work with my settings, nothing happends when I change the strobe. Tried different settings but I doesn't work.

I can't get it fixed.

I have attachted the Fixture and created screenshots of the parts I don't understand. Please help me! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Stairville LED PAR 64 (5mm) Floor

Post by spud1511 »

From previous experience with these fixtures I recall that;
Channel 1 is not intensity - it's more like a 'mode' selection.

Channel 5 is not strobe, it's the speed the preset colours would scroll through if you selected a preset with channel 1.

I suggest you remove all references in fixture configuration to intensity or strobing, and on the channel description tab enter;
Ch - description - locate - default
1- mode - 0 - 0
2 - red - 255 - 0
3 - green - 255 - 0
4 - blue - 255 - 0
5 - speed - 0 - 0

If you want to create a macro for fast colour changes to produce a similar effect have a look at stairville par 56 file and copy the macro page from that. Substituting the value 11 on channel 5 with anything from 11 (fastest) - 100 (slowest) will define the macros preset speed.

Hope this helps!
herrmarvado

Post by herrmarvado »

Thanks a lot Spud1511! I will give it a try tonight :)
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

If the DMX table look like this then I will suggest that you place channel 1 on macro.
Stairlville_par64.jpg
The channel 5 is not a strobe channel but only a speed control for the color macros
So channel 5 on gobo one with some speed icons.

/Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
herrmarvado

Post by herrmarvado »

Hi Jan,

Do you know where I can find a demo of a macro? I found this page :
http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... figuration

But it still doesn't ring any bell.
spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

A macro is just a button, that when you press it send the dmx values on more than 1 channel.
On the macro tab of the fixture creator you would just create a first line with whatever picture for the button you feel represents 'normal' operation - as in RGB values from freestyler. Enter any value from 63 or below under channel 1 column (eg zero).

Then next row a picture for a 7 colour fade preset, a value between 64 and 127 (lets say 92) put under channel 1 column, and a value for the presets speed 11 (fast) to 100 (slow) under channel 5.

Do the same with a 7 colour change (snap to colour) using a value between 128 & 191 (say 160) on channel 1 column, and speed under channel 5.

Then again for 3 colour change (snap to colour) with channel 1 value from 192 to 255 (say 224) and a channel 5 value with the preset speed.
Then your all done.

The picture Jan posted and the stairville par64 fixture profile I mentioned to look at are the same thing as far as macros are concerned. Only reason I suggested you took a look at it was so you could learn more hands on, but its the same thing and doesnt make any difference which way you do it so long as you get an understanding of what you are doing.

Return to “Stairville”