These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Dark UI Design / CUE Icons

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
RolieBoy
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Dark UI Design / CUE Icons

Post by RolieBoy »

Hello everyone,

I'm very sensitive to interface design as it can improve productivity.
I love dark interfaces so i'm glad Freestyler has one, but I think some elements can have some improvement, the icons for instance.

I made some of my own for the cue list, here is a screenshot:

I think it's less straining for the eyes this way.

These are GIF files without transparency since I only use the dark interface and no touchscreen mode, and gives the smoothest result. GIF transparency gives very pixelated edges (support for 24bit PNG/SVG icons would be awesome!) Also some icons arent in the 'Dark' images folder so I made some light icons dark to make them work :P

If anyone is interested I wil post the icons with instructions were to place them.

And to the awesome Freestyler team 8-) , if there is any help needed regarding interface elements/design
I certainly want to contribute on moments that I have some spare time! Just let me know ;)

I will keep making modifications where possible, at least for personal use.
Also made some clean icons for my fixtures:

It really speeds up my programming because of the clearer overview. And I personally think it looks nice :)

Let me know what you guys think, suggestions are welcome!

:fs:

cotdagoo
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.50
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Dark UI Design / CUE Icons

Post by cotdagoo »

A dark UI user myself, would love to hear how you did ths

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”