These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Midi Control : Message ON/OFF, FLASH and triggered

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
kabak_85
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.646
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Midi Control : Message ON/OFF, FLASH and triggered

Post by kabak_85 »

Hello,

I had just by the Akai mini APC and i want to change the button color/blinking when an button is active or inactive.

1) It's seem that the button color and blinking is set by the velocity of the note that was send so if i want to make an red/red blinking in place of black/green button, i need to send velocity AND need to configure two message : The "off" message and the "on" message"
EDIT : the function is present but the column name "off" and "on" is not explicit. I think it was better if it is after (at the right of) "note out" column.

2) The override button doesn't lit when i using it in flash mode.

3) I can use an button with the "sound to light trigger" but when S2L software trigger Freestyler, the button doesn't lit. It can be usefull to see if S2L is working without have it always on the screen.

Best regards.

Speak English / Parle Français.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Midi Control : Message ON/OFF, FLASH and triggered

Post by Partyman »

Here is my mapping if you want to use it for comparison. I cannot recall the settings exactly but it is something along the lines of:
0= Off
1= Green
2= Green blink
3= Red
4= Red Blink
5= Yellow
6= Yellow blink

Put the number in the on or off column of the midi programming for each button
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kabak_85
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.646
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by kabak_85 »

The numbers you give are the velocity parameter for the note (i had the same value).

The standard representation of midi message is "command number", note, velocity.
I think it's why i don't understood immediately "on" and "off columns was the "note out"'s parameters.

For the second point, your config as the same "issue", if you use "bistable" override button, the green button is blinking or not depend the state. If you use a "monostable" (flash) override button, it stay green without blinking or changing colour (depend of the value).
Speak English / Parle Français.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

I have all of my buttons as "on" (various colors) as default and "blinking" when the button is active. That way I can see at a glance what is running and work very easily in a very dark environment

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”