These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

suggestion to add API Function Code to "Clear the Cuelist"

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
DimAndDimmer
Knows how to turn Lights ON

suggestion to add API Function Code to "Clear the Cuelist"

Post by DimAndDimmer »

Hi All,
First, FreeStyler is a great tool. So cudos to the developers/designers/contributors for their excellent work. And I am new to FreeStyler so I may be missing something obvious to the experts.

Suggestion
My suggestion is to add an API Function Code to "Clear the Cuelist" and/or "Remove Sequence X from Cuelist".
I'm referring to the Function codes table detailed in the "External Control for FreeStyler" document found in this folder (C:\FreeStyler\Documentation\Sendmessage and TCPIP.pdf)

I know you can do the above operation from the FreeStyler UI, but I am working on connecting my audio/video programs to FreeStyler to synchronize lights to music and video. So I have to be able to do it using the API.

Reason for suggestion:
Consider a case where two cues that have a different number of sequences.

If the user is using the Cuelist in "Loop all sequences" mode, and user changes from CueA to CueB, then CueB sequences will replace the sequences in the Cuelist. However, if CueA has more sequences than CueB, some of the CueA sequences will remain in the Cuelist. Thus some of the old CueA sequences will end up being played in this mode.

So if there was a command to "Clear the Cuelist" before loading the CueB sequences, the above scenario will work fine.

It would also be nice if there was a Function code to toggle the Cuelist "Loop all sequences" mode on/off. But that's getting ahead of things.

All comments/suggestions/criticisms welcome.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: suggestion to add API Function Code to "Clear the Cuelist"

Post by Rod_Horning »

Hi. If you look at the top of this page you will see a link to The Bug Tracker. In addition to bugs the site is also used to enter requests for changes to Freestyler. Please duplicate your request there so that the Freestyler Developer may see your request.
DimAndDimmer
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Re: suggestion to add API Function Code to "Clear the Cuelist"

Post by DimAndDimmer »

Ok, thank you Rod. I will do that.

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”