These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

How to activate 2 cuelists at the same time ?

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
pressepuree
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

How to activate 2 cuelists at the same time ?

Post by pressepuree »

Hello,
I have a problem (or not ...)!

> I created a sequence "Par 1" with all the channels in green that I put a cuelist of the same name
> I created a sequence "Par 2" with all the channels in green that I put a cuelist of the same name
> I put the Cuelist of "Par 1" in submaster 1
> I put the cuelist of "Par 2" in the submaster 2

I created a cuelist "Par 1 vert" which I inserted in the table of the cuelist and the submaster 1
I created a cuelist "Par 2 rouge" which I inserted in the table of the cuelist and the submaster 2

When I click in the submaster "by 1 green" I can dim it via fader 1
When I click in the submaster "by 2 red" I can dim it via fader 2

> When I click on the shortcut "by 1 green" in the table of cuelists I can dim it via fader 1
> When I click on the shortcut "by 2 red" in the table of cuelists I can not dim it via fader 2 but still via fader 1
> When I click on the shortcut "Par 1 vert" I disable "Par 2 rouge" and the reverse also, I can not activate two cues simultaneously despite "Multiple cuelists" and "Cue Multiselect always enabled" checked.

Thank you all for your help

pressepuree
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: How to activate 2 cuelists at the same time ?

Post by pressepuree »

Apres quelques nuits blanches tout est rentré dans l'ordre.
Je n'avais en fait pas compris la mécanique du logiciel, la relation entre les submasters et le séquenceur de cue.
Cette application est exceptionnelle, merci pour sa gratuité et au travail accompli de la création aux mises à jour.
Je n'ai pas encore fait de don mais mais je vais y remédier rapidement :)
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

The submasters use the cuelist to run. You cannot run the cuelist AND submasters separately
petergesell
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by petergesell »

Good morning
i am very thanks full for this free software, so far i have seen, one of the best available. The question here is, that the only way to make more than one sequence run simultaneously, is to have declared the fixture in te first page from fixture creator, assigning standart requirements, such as color channel, gobo channel, etc. However, there are a lot of new chinese fixtures, that do not match such standarization, for example, a spider effect with 42 channels. Even, if is possible to create a secuence, and run it succesfully , just introducing the manufacturer, fixt. name, and number of channels; and then playing with the channel values, it is not possible to run this sequence simultaneously with some others
I think, it is to avoid conflict of usage of the same adress simultaneously while running different sequences; however, it must not be impossible to make a debug of such a event, previously to allow sequences run simultaneously, or, let the user take the responsability of it
Very thanks
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

What you are asking is completely possible but I cannot understand your workflow to determine where you are going wrong. Cuelists are only needed to fire multiple sequences at one time or a list in succession. If only one sequence in a cuelist then you are not using correctly. Also please make sure that EVERY fixture has its own address otherwise they will all mimic. To gain individual control every fixture must have its own address even though the fixtures are the same

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”