These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

MIDI control of snap/fade and sound to light buttons on cue window

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
robdquick
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/2gmobiledj

MIDI control of snap/fade and sound to light buttons on cue window

Post by robdquick »

Hi,

I put a feature requests on the bug tracker about 2 years ago asking if this could be implemented, but nothing ever came of it, so I'll post here again.

I would love it if we could get MIDI control over the snap/fade and sound to light buttons on the cue window. Pretty much everything else that I need to do in freestyler can be done via MIDI, apart from this.

I am a mobile DJ and this would make my life a lot easier rather than having to click the tiny buttons on the screen everytime I switch from an upbeat song where I want sound to light and snap, to a slow song where I just want a slower tempo for my lights and fade rather than snap. I can't imagine I'm the only person who would want this! I'd love to be able to just press a button or 2 on my controller to toggle these options.

I am still using version 3.5.5, so if this has been implemented in later versions please let me know, but I'm a 'if it ain't broken don't fix it' kind of guy so don't see the need to upgrade to newer versions!

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7

Re: MIDI control of snap/fade and sound to light buttons on cue window

Post by spud1511 »

I realise it's not exactly what you want... But in the mean time you can pass the beatgrid from DJ software, and also select individually which sequences in your cue list will or won't be sound reactive.

For example I have a customised skin page in VDJ which is a grid of buttons that are cue points outside the normal 1-4 working range that send midi to freestyler (through the SBDJ plugin), and that also remembers the cue next time the same track is loaded. This means not only can I do it for a song..but several different points within the same song, such as slow sweeping beams on chorus....strobe at certain point... Load sound reactive sequence when beat comes in...etc and it will all be remembered next time I play that song.
robdquick
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/2gmobiledj

Re: MIDI control of snap/fade and sound to light buttons on cue window

Post by robdquick »

I have literally just switched from Traktor to VDJ and discovered this feature/plugin (I actually switched because my SC2900's are fully compatible with VDJ), and I love it. Being able to program strobes, colour changes etc. into songs is brilliant!

However, this still doesn't quite solve my problem. To have freestyler react to the beat from VDJ I still have to have the running cue set to sound to light mode. When a slow song comes on, that cue is still going to react to the beat regardless of what is actually in the cue. I'd still have to manually switch the sound to light off.

Unless I've read what you said all wrong and you're suggesting something else all together?

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”