These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Extended Submasters

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Bavo.Ceulemans
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Extended Submasters

Post by Bavo.Ceulemans »

Hello,

I really do love Freestyler :fs: and I've been using it for quite some time now. Mostly for parties and band performances.

I like the GUI a lot but there's something that's been bugging me for some time. I'd like to use Freestyler for Theatre performances as well. Sadly, FS does not have band stacks.
And the UI of BandStack doesn't really do it for me.

I've noticed that I can use Submasters as theatre stacks. Just playing one sequence after another. Sadly, Submasters can only hold 20 sequences. Is it possible to make the submasters hold unlimited sequences?

Also, if I use Submasters I have to press the 'Go'-key and the 'Run'-key after eachother to make the next sequence play. Is it possible to Merge them in one button for Theatre stack purposes. Something like: "Play"?

Thanks in advance,
Bavo Ceulemans

RingK
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Extended Submasters

Post by RingK »

I agree, I'd like to have the same "play" function! It would be useful also for club/concerts lighting, for example to have one button cycling a cue list color assigned to a submaster!
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

+1
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Remember to submit this on bug tracker as a feature request, then it might get under taken if it's something you really want.
lj_raph
FreeStyler Developer
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by lj_raph »

Hi

I'm currently increasing the number of sequences a submaster can hold.
Let me know if you want to give it a test: freestylersupport"at"telenet.be

I'll look into the "Play" button request too.

Thank you
Raphael
Raphaël
FreeStyler support & development

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”