These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Delay or Fanning Effect.

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Jaykie
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaykie

Delay or Fanning Effect.

Post by Jaykie »

This is from the old forum
ShanePdesigns
It would be really nice to be able to select all fixtures and set a delay for each fixture for the movements. Alot of high end boards include this feature to create fanning effects.

DJ Support
freestyler comes with a fanning feature in the movement window

DeAL
Hmm, the fanning feature in FS is not what ShanePdesigns means...
Fanning in FS is just a quick way to spread multiple fixtures over a pan or tilt interval in a scene.
ShanePdesigns wants to have one fixture following another with an adjustable delay... apparantly also called fanning.

Light Tech Chris
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Re: Delay or Fanning Effect.

Post by Light Tech Chris »

Hi I work with the Martin maxxyz more then I do with freestyler but yea it's actually called wave which will make the fixtures follow each other one after the other or in diffrent ways like 2 follow the 2 infront of those 2 or so on.
sowndman
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 2.96f

Post by sowndman »

This is the same thing the pulsar masterpiece has built in to the chase generator. I made a request in the idea forum for this type of thing to be added. It would save a lot of programming on this end.
TheMaverick
FreeStyler Version: 2.91j

Post by TheMaverick »

Hi there,

anything heardt about that feature?

would be nice if it would be part of the next release!

Greets
Mav
SilentShaddow
LJ
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by SilentShaddow »

I would really like this feature as well, its something that I think is really missing from Freestyler, I do want to use it alot

Silent
J.J.
Just started using FS

Post by J.J. »

I would really like a wave feature in which it will make the fixtures follow each other one after the other.

In the Sunlight Suite software (as well as Daslight, Elation COMPU, American DJ My DMX), the delay is known under the Effects Manager/Generator (FX) as Phasing. It's a very cool and easy effect to do. You can also set the X & Y coordinates to simple shapes like circles and curves and have them following each other with phasing. Also, the color, shutter, and gobo can also be assigned separately with a SINUS shape and can be easily controlled. For example, you can have your lights follow the X(Pan) & Y(Tilt), and also have them follow a dimmer or strobe in order.
niels
FreeStyler Version: 2.96j

Post by niels »

i think it is a realy good idea,

i hope that it will be instalt in the new version...
DJ B.M.O.
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1

Post by DJ B.M.O. »

Yes!!!!! THIS is the feature what i'm looking for!!

I hope that this new feature is included in the next release!!!! PLEASE!!!
This would be a feature wich allows you to create great effects!

What do you think??

cu DJ B.M.O.
Tom0101
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1

Post by Tom0101 »

This feature is already included, but only with sine, cosine and sawtooth (ramp) movements.

If you could change the wave form, the FX editor would be much better!

e.g. add a delayed trapezoid to each color channel of a RGB or CMY fixture, like the upper graphic of this picture:

in german:

Dieses Feature existert bereits, aber nur mit Sinus, Cosinus und Sägezahnbewegungen.
Wenn man die Wellenform ändern könnte, wäre der FX-Editor viel besser!
z.B. wenn man ein zeitlich versetztes Trapezoid zu jedem farbkanal von einem RGB oder CMY Gerät, wie in der obersten darstellung im Bild.
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

Freestyler already has a feature which will allow you to offset the movement.

Example :

select 6 moving head/moving mirror products
open movement window
select circle and open the shape up as well.
Get all 6 fixtures doing a circle movement.
Now the clever bit - while they are all moving select just the SECOND fixture.
Now in the bottom right of the shape window is a bit which says 0 Degrees, This can be changed. Change it to 60 degress.
Now select just the third fixture and change the degrees to 120, and so on till you get to 300 degrees.
You have now offset all 6 fixtures by 60 degrees to its next door neighbour.

You can do this with any offset you want but 6 fixtures divided into 360 is 60 so this gives a nice spead.
You can also do this if you move the shape forwards or backwards in the window, you will need to reposition the shape for each fixture though.

To save this you would need to have the save window open BEFORE you start and then just save as you would for any regular shape movement.

It is a little time consuming but the result is worth it. At some point perhaps Ralf could come up with a genius way of making this easier ?
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
GaryBonaducci
DJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by GaryBonaducci »

dmxlighting wrote:Freestyler already has a feature which will allow you to offset the movement....
Thanks for the tip! I've been able to create some fantastic looking patterns using this method! :D
redvandan

Post by redvandan »

This is the One of the best ideas on the forum, useable in a couple ways. 1. with creating scenes with ease (say a circle with how ever many fixtures each fixture offset by 0 to Scene Time) this saves hours of programming time in other programs such as elation compushow and adj mydmx. 2. in midi to enhance and time out your live sets to music as a master control.
It seems to me to be an easy feature to add, though I am no programmer, it seems to me it would be as simple as a delay time set to a variable fader controlling the selected fixtures start time. But like I said I am no programmer. That being said I would <3 love <3 to see this feature added to freestyler it would make my nights shorter.
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

I have been trying to workout how to use the fanning feature for ages.
Finally now I know. Thank you. :)

This is the best way to create a spread with an existing shape. :) YAY! and it is my 100th Post too. ;)
redvandan

Post by redvandan »

l have 1 problem with the rotation solution, I attached a image to describe a little better, but if you have a moving head that has a center point being the "up or down tilt and center pan" and you create a circle you would need to create that circle in one of the 4 quadrants. Once you change the rotation the circle moves around the center point of the XY crosshair not the center of the shape. Even so a phase or delay would not change the shapes rotation at all it would change the timing. For instance if you had a square and spun it on axis it would become a diamond eventually and not the square you intended for, but if you put a delay or phase on it, it would remain the same shape and look as if one light is following the other.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redvandan

Post by redvandan »

Also this should be an "effect" being able to apply this to anything such as strobes or flashes, movements, dimmers, prism, gobo or color scroll ,etc. I know a lot of these things are already able to do this in some way shape or fashion but I think movement and dimmer/strobe are the main ones that would benefit from this.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Post by Spirit »

hi theres a FX generator on FS and it can handle all Channels and create a OFFSET..
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
redvandan

Post by redvandan »

Spirit wrote:hi theres a FX generator on FS and it can handle all Channels and create a OFFSET..
Can you control multiple channels like pan and tilt from this? Or can you set it up so you can add an offset to say a sub master, to any scene you create for certain fixtures. (Per say I have 5 moving head spots, and would like them to all travel in a circle [scene] then offset each fixture 1/5 of the way around the circle while following each other in said circle.) The reason for the example being circles use pan and tilt at the same time, therefor would you not need to offset both at the same time? Maybe this is the answer we are looking for by just adding a pan/tilt conjunction option to the effects generator. ???Ideas???
mortenx

Post by mortenx »

master override delay or offset sliders would be nice ,
or effect .. so that you can set delay for all channels separately like ... delay for tilt slider and delay for pan slider and so on...
pumpo1
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by pumpo1 »

Hello,
(Sorry for the mistakes, I do not know the language ...)
or something moved in the late shapes and other features?It would be a great solution!

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”