These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Save/Load Tabs - Cuelist and Override

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Save/Load Tabs - Cuelist and Override

Post by wardomon »

Because of the limited number of cuelist tabs, I've got to break apart my show into smaller chunks. When the band changes the songlist it's a major undertaking to reorder the tabs, as each button must be individually loaded with a sequence. Some of the tunes span several tabs. Dragging 96 cues to buttons, times 4 locations (sets) and it's a long process that's prone to error. Far more simple would be to load tabs that contain songs.

I put in a request for a save/load cuelist tab feature. Unfortunately, it was rejected. Now I find that it would be really, really, really nice to save/load the override tabs, as well. A full set of override tabs is almost twice as large as the cuelist area. It also doesn't transfer to another location, so it too must be repopulated.

This feature would make my life so much better. Could a couple of you back me up on this?

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Save/Load Tabs - Cuelist and Override

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

have you considered to use the FS go Monkey cue stack SW? It may help you with your issues. and now there is a XML editor [EDIT: Here I meant the new drag and drop editor] so its quick to make the cue stacks for each song
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by wardomon »

I looked at GOMonkey a couple of months back, along with several XML editors. If it had "drag and drop", I'd might be on board with it. I'm no programmer and though I have ten fingers, only half of them come into play when i type. My first, last and only brush with programming was when I first got into computers. I remember my Commodore 64 fondly and the crushing realization that a "period" does not equal a "comma".

I like having my cues on buttons, it's closer to the feel of a physical light board. I do mostly live music and occasionally lighting for techno DJs. The idea of a theater stack is slightly foreign.

For most of the things I do, I run Ubuntu Linux. I'm reluctant to experiment on the Windows partition of my show box. I'll try installing FS and GOMonkey on a virtual machine and play with it there.
wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by wardomon »

Oops, forgot. Thanks for the advice.

Save and load of tabs is still a need feature, however.

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”