These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

More submasters please

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
lhunter17
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/dnshaw18

More submasters please

Post by lhunter17 »

I expect this has been suggested before, but i didn't see it so here goes:
I mainly use freestyler for concerts and gigs etc. and i use submasters a lot. However as i tend to use one submaster per attribute for my "intelligent" lights and per group of "standard" lights, i tend run out quickly. would it be possible to have a greater number of submasters and also a way to change the number of submasters on each page would be useful.

Thanks a lot

Setup:
SOH USB-DMX512 module
Samsung N102 Netbook
FS 3.4.8
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: More submasters please

Post by Spirit »

Yes this have been ask a lot of time but that was in the time that the FSBT (Freestyler Bug Tracker) did not exist. http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... f=7&t=1046

So you can Make a "Feature Request" with FSBT http://www.freestylersupport.com/bugs/my_view_page.php
Or press "Submit a Bug Report"on top of the Page.
just see what the developer think about it.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Re: More submasters please

Post by wardomon »

I agree. I use GLP Mighty Scans and Max. They have 20 colors and 20 half colors. That's 2 submasters for essentially one function. They also have 21 gobos so I've had to leave one out of the list. More cuelist buttons and more cuelist tabs would also be great. On the other hand, it would be a huge rewrite of the code to implement these changes. Plus I doubt if any of our backups would work. I really wouldn't enjoy reprogramming my entire light show.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”