These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Fixture Creator Ideas For Update

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Pmarten8
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: http://twitter.com/looneychoons

Fixture Creator Ideas For Update

Post by Pmarten8 »

This is Text Has Been Copied From Another post If I can Simplify it by just place a link to other post just let me know ill do so

something that needs to be looked at im already running 14 fixtures if i had to have 8 extra fixtures in freestyler to control just 4 live dynorollers when working with sequences found this very cumbersome got me thinking of a way to make thing easyer and less tricky was if the pattern and strobe and shutter controls could have small tabs LH HEAD and RH HEAD to switch between LH/RH Head

Also the fact that technology changes every month and newer and smarter lights are being developed all the time fixture creator could do with update to allow these new types of light to be built neatly and easily not having to do it a mickey mouse way and have two freestyler fixtures together to operate one live fixture

Also From a Professional Point of View this should be basic operation of fixture creator as 100s of company's make twin head/roller

Ideas

Multi Beams
Multi Tilt/Pan Channels 8bit and 16bit
Multi Strobe and Shutter Channels

Also
When Building Latest fixture Chauvet Colorband Tri found another problem with Fixture Creator
Cannot build fixture with 36 Led in 12 banks of 3 RGB Could not add 12 RGB Channels

36 Channel Set-up just uses 12 channels of RGB that's all

Just think the team should look at all types of lights make them all simple to create

Another Idea Is for the Gobos to be categorised make navigating them easier should folder them Colours, Lasers, Scanners, Rotations, LED, Macros, and Others like Shakes and Chases this would save a finger cracking rolling the mouse wheel up and down to getting to Gobos

Also Gobo Creator bit like magic 3d Views Gobo Editor

Few thing ive had ideas about whilst using the creator

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Fixture Creator Ideas For Update

Post by Spirit »

This is Text Has Been Copied From Another post If I can Simplify it by just place a link to other post just let me know ill do so

something that needs to be looked at im already running 14 fixtures if i had to have 8 extra fixtures in freestyler to control just 4 live dynorollers when working with sequences found this very cumbersome got me thinking of a way to make thing easyer and less tricky was if the pattern and strobe and shutter controls could have small tabs LH HEAD and RH HEAD to switch between LH/RH Head

Also the fact that technology changes every month and newer and smarter lights are being developed all the time fixture creator could do with update to allow these new types of light to be built neatly and easily not having to do it a mickey mouse way and have two freestyler fixtures together to operate one live fixture

Also From a Professional Point of View this should be basic operation of fixture creator as 100s of company's make twin head/roller
i don't see realy a issue.
having 2 fixtures works better for me.
What if you like to select one side with groups.
When Building Latest fixture Chauvet Colorband Tri found another problem with Fixture Creator
Cannot build fixture with 36 Led in 12 banks of 3 RGB Could not add 12 RGB Channels

36 Channel Set-up just uses 12 channels of RGB that's all
this is a good issue if your fixture have more than 30 channels.

Another Idea Is for the Gobos to be categorised make navigating them easier should folder them Colours, Lasers, Scanners, Rotations, LED, Macros, and Others like Shakes and Chases this would save a finger cracking rolling the mouse wheel up and down to getting to Gobos
This is also a great idea now you need to search a lot.
Also Gobo Creator bit like magic 3d Views Gobo Editor
and this you can do with every edditing program. (paint or something else....)
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”