These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Random scanner and moving head movement.

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
stripe103
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Random scanner and moving head movement.

Post by stripe103 »

Hello!
I just thought that I'd share an idea that I had a couple of days ago.
Is it possible to make random movement for scanned and moving heads?
I made a mock-up of what I'm imaging it to look like.

When clicking some button(you choose where it is going to be), the window fades down and a selection area appear in the middle, which you can drag around and make larger and smaller. This is the random area borders. It never goes out of this area.
The little area to the right is the movement type selection. If you have squared, there are only one of the X and Y channels that are changing at the same time. So if for example X is 100% and Y is 50% and it is supposed to go to X=50% and Y=100%, it first fades the X to 50% and after that is finished, it fades the Y to 100%.
The circular mode is almost the same thing, but both channels are changing at the same time.

DELL Inspirion 1300
CPU: Intel Celeron M 1.50GHz
RAM: 1GB RAM
Graphics: Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family 128 MB
(SUCKS!!! Don't run aero)
Interface: Velleman VM116
FreeStyler 3.3.2

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”