These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Override Buttons / selected fixtures only

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Override Buttons / selected fixtures only

Post by Spirit »

Hello

the last couple of days i use the "Selected Fixtures Only' function but thare is a little problem.
Example:
Override buttons normal = Disable "0" Enable "255"
Override buttons Flash = Disable "0" Enable "255 -> 0" and Disable
this is OK

but i want a FLASH button that keeps his value
and why do i want this because i use "Selected Fixtures Only" And "Fixtures Groups"
Group1 = Scan
Group2 = movinghead

i made 1 button "Lamp on" With "Selected Fixtures Only" so i must select the fixtures Groups if want the "lamp on" let's say i select "group1" and than i say "lamp on" so "Group 1" will go "lamp on" but if i deselect "group1" and select "group2" and press the button "lamp on" it will disable the button and the lamps of group 1 go off and i must press again to enable the button and the lamps of group2 will go on but the lamp of group1 are off and that i don't wan't.
this is also a problem if i select group1 lamp on and than select group 2 lamp on so both groups are selected i must press 2 times the button and the lamp of group1 wil go off and on
hopefully you understand what i mean.

this should be great iff its solved it will be the same as a Avolite Pearl 2004/2006/2008/2010 lighttable

great thanks Emile Ballard :fs:

AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Override Buttons / selected fixtures only

Post by Mattotone »

i see what your trying to achieve.
apply an override to a group of fixtures, than expand that override to other groups without disabling the first.
Now as you have discovered that this currently isnt possible not by a bug but by design.
one click to apply the override and then click it again to remove it, all of which never proved a problem for a standard override and i vote not to change this basic operation.
so how could we implement your resquest.

how about using ctrl and shift kes?
ctrl and clicking the override will add any selected fixtures to the override. any existing fixtures in the override will remain unaffected selected or not.
pressing shift and clicking will remove the selected fixtures from the override and releases them in the usual way.
and ofc ourse just clicking the button again will release the whole override.
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

The shift/crtl would be a start but not perfect.
The flash button thats remains his value.will be great but i don't now how difficult it is to make.
Zo lets try the chift/ctrl idee. Lets see of that work.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)

Post by Mattotone »

If it retains its value how would you ever turn it off? Surely the idea of "flash" is when its down its on and when its up its off.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

I make a button calls lamp off / frost off/ iris so ik can say wich fixture / group must go off
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)

Post by Mattotone »

hmmmm. i don't relay like that idea. It breaks existing useful functionality it also breaks standard practice.
a flash button is just that. down = on up = off. Override one click for on another click for off.

I do like the idea, i think the way i have suggested would best suit this.
is the a reason you are using overides for this? why not just select the group and click the lamp on button in FS?
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Mattotone wrote:hmmmm. i don't relay like that idea. It breaks existing useful functionality it also breaks standard practice.
What Spirit is asking for is the same functionalities you have on a Avolites Pearl (which is really nice when you want flexibility) the pearls palettes buttons (not flash/override buttons which the Pearl don't have).

maybe its better that you have some palettes buttons which shows the same palettes as in the pallets window for the "create sequence" window (or just the palettes buttons you can use for both programming and live). then you have separates buttons for your flash and for your palettes.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

the reason i want this is beacse i don't want to use a mouse, i want to use the keyboard or a Touchscreen(userinterface2) like i do and the lamp on and off are just a example i use the override buttons for almost everything Lamp/Schutter/Gobo/goboR/Color/iris/irisR/frost/zoom.

and the normal flashbutton and override button must stay but maby it could be a extra option.

example:
Group1=all moving heads
Group2=Odd MH
Group3=Even MH
Group4=Stage MH
Group5=Front of House MH (where the people dance)

now i can select the Groups and select the Color or gobo or Enzzz i want to use, this way i have total control and flexibility.

and the reason i don't realy like the idee with the Shift/ctrl is beacse i must press 2button and you must think about Which Groups you want to add to a button maby it's just the same but to press shift or ctrl i don't like i just want to say which group and than which Button whith out thinking about if i must add or remove. but i use userinterface2 and i dont like the wheel a fader will be muts better and if there wil be a fader added in userinterface 2 i will use the midi control lamp intesitie.

but if it's very difficult to make this, it must be the ctrl/shift option if this is easier to make but er must get something like this it wil make the "Selected Fixture only" very usefull for me.

Yes indead i want Pallets i don't now what the diferent are but i thought you could solve it with a Flash button that keeps his value.

Great thnks Emile Ballard
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)

Post by Mattotone »

Pallets are a set of pre defined parameters you could have a pallet of different colours or pan/tilt positions that you most commonly use. so that when you create a sequence instead of having to aim all yours scanners to a mirror ball by hand every time you want to use it. you select the fixtures and apply the pallet to it. also if the mirror ball or your lighting moves position you update your pallet and all our cues will follow.
(which is what your looking for with your lamp on off)

an override is very similar to a pallet except it works in an on off style and more useful for live situations than pallets.
if for example i have a flash button programed to set off some strobes. when the button is pressed down the strobes are on when i release it they go off.
The idea is it overrides any setting that may be pre programed in a cue etc, so when you need a flash of light, or burst of smoke, or move all your scanners to the mirror ball. you can do that and when you release it it all goes back to normal.

what it seems you are wanting to do is live programing. you want to be able to select a fixture and change its colour, select another fixture change its colour without the other one changing. What you are looking for are Live pallets, which can be applied without the cue window being open. but also bear in mind that any palette applied just like changing the values using the gobo and color tools can be overridden by a running cue
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

thnks for replying back almost everything what you are saying is OK.
but "an override is very similar to a pallet except it works in an on off style and more useful for -->live situations<-- than pallets" i do volunteer work at a Disco/live pop stage and they use a avolight pearldesk (2008 and 2010 Expert) and this desk only have pallets and my opinion is that it works very very fine, in live situations. almost everywhere i come i see a avolight pearldesk in Netherlands.

I don't use the SM windows because i use a Touchscreen with Userinterface 2 (i don't use the custom buttons they are to small) and to having 20SM's with 4 differt buttons you have 80buttons this dousn't fit on the screen 22" and to make all differt combinations of cue's is a lot of work and you can just make 20cue's in 1 SM so u can't make all the combinations. (Sorry Corection i can have more than 150 buttons on the screen :oops:)

with the pallets you just have to make 1pallet button for every Color, gobo, GoboR, iris, Prism, PrismR, frost, Shutter.
this would be a lot less programming and you can make all the possibleties you want. and a Off Button for Iris/Prism/PrismR/Frost/shutter.

and i only use the cue Window for Pan / Tilt / Par chases so i will never override them
and the lamp on/off is just a example iff there will come FADERS in userinterface 2 i will use the Intesity channel for it.

Greats Emile Ballard

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”