These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Tree View of External MIDI controls

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
sirwesley
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Tree View of External MIDI controls

Post by sirwesley »

As a suggestion in a future build, can I suggest using a Tree View for the External MIDI control commands.
Right now it can be a little difficult to navigate.

Also, like to see multiple assignments to the same MIDI value. For example, maybe i'd want to control GOBO and COLOR with the same FADER. Not a very good example, but why not make it possible.

Also I like to see all channels for each Light be pulled in to the MIDI control, but that might be too much to ask for. What my goal is to be able to control each light with my BCF-2000 using the sliders to control each channel.
Or maybe just allow me to change via channel number instead of property (ie GOBO1, COLOR1)
So I could assign all my MIDI FADERs 1-8 to control channels 1-8 for each light.

-Wesley

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Tree View of External MIDI controls

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

sirwesley wrote: Also I like to see all channels for each Light be pulled in to the MIDI control, but that might be too much to ask for. What my goal is to be able to control each light with my BCF-2000 using the sliders to control each channel.
Or maybe just allow me to change via channel number instead of property (ie GOBO1, COLOR1)
So I could assign all my MIDI FADERs 1-8 to control channels 1-8 for each light.
at the moment you can controll all channels, but the channel attributes are fixed. what i mean is that the pan channel is also the same fader 1, pan is always fader 2, and so on.

what you ask for is that fader 1 on your midi device always is channel 1 for the selected fixture, am i right?
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
sirwesley
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by sirwesley »

LJ_krede.dk wrote: what you ask for is that fader 1 on your midi device always is channel 1 for the selected fixture, am i right?
Correct! That way when I look at the channel layout for a particular light, I always know what Channel one controls and not have to guess. For instance, if one light has PAN/TILT on channels 1 & 2 then faders 1&2 would control that, but if I selected an RGB light without PAN/TILT, then RED & GREEN are on channels 1 & 2 and I would like faders 1&2 to control those RED & GREEN Values.

-Wesley
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

well,,, i like it quite opposite and as it is now :-D. Then I always know where the faders pan, tilt etc are.. and if you choose different fixtures, You don't get strange result as you would in your case. but thats just me ;-). we all have our different ways
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”