These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

A Short Wishlist

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
henryklein
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 332
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

A Short Wishlist

Post by henryklein »

First of all thanks to the authors and the community for the great piece of software and the support you gave to me. I did my light setup for the upcoming shows of my band www.bartlos.de in less than one week. (to be serious: I tried FS before and already knew the basics) Twas a fulltime job but I am quite satisfied with what I got out of the box and could do with a little tweaking and trial-and-error.

FYI I came from Enttec DMXIS and sold it because of too many restrictions for my needs (only scene based programming was the most worse thing and the reason to give it away.)

However, there are a small amount of wishes I had for upcoming updates.

1. Would be nice to have more control over the sequence FX.
1a. I deadly miss the "black" color in the "color" menue (when chasing between two colors).
1b. I would like to have a square wave with varable pulse width. sine, cos, saw is great, but I could get more complex moves by using a square.
1c. Once I have adjusted the amplitude / offset values it doesnt go back to the standard value. Would be great to have a "reset" for this.
1d. I would love it a lot to be able to adjust the phase of the selected wave (not starting at 0 or 180 degree, but between)

2. MIDI: in small words: I want it all = Channel information included in the learn function and in the feedback data. I would marry you for this feature ;)

That's all (atm)

Thanks in advance for thinking my ideas over.

Cheers, Henry

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: A Short Wishlist

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

henryklein wrote:1a. I deadly miss the "black" color in the "color" menue (when chasing between two colors).
I'm not sure what you mean? you want the light to "blackout" in a colour chase??
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
henryklein

Post by henryklein »

LJ_krede.dk wrote:
henryklein wrote:1a. I deadly miss the "black" color in the "color" menue (when chasing between two colors).
I'm not sure what you mean? you want the light to "blackout" in a colour chase??
YES, that's the idea. Why? Parts of the fixtures blacking / fading out without touching the dimmer channel(s). I worked a lot of with that during the last days by hand.

aaah, did I tell wish # 1e? I would please have a predefined color with 100% blue and 50% (violet?) red instead of the implemented darker pink what hold both blue and red channels at 192. Maybe there is a table in the program what I could adjust for my needs with a HEX-editor. a hint would be very useful. so I would exchange the colors with what I need.

thanks a lot for your great support.

Henry
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Consider creating a Macro for 1a and 1e.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
henryklein

Post by henryklein »

remco_k wrote:Consider creating a Macro for 1a and 1e.
Hi Remco,

thx for your reply to my wishes (and thanks for your great S2L tool)

Unfortunately having a Macro (what I already did with the violet for the TCL Pars) isnt the same as having it right at your fingertip for a chase or a wave FX.

I thought pimping the colors would be easy if I knew at what position it is stored in the program. I am experienced in some uncommon HEX orgies since I used it a lot for programming my Miditemp MP44. So I would be glad to get a hint where I'd find the colors in the code.

Yours,

Henry
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Think you would be better off by just asking LJ_Raph to implement those colors.
By the way, if I select the color menu and choose the 'full' style, I can select black. But I guess you don't mean that?
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
henryklein

Post by henryklein »

remco_k wrote:Think you would be better off by just asking LJ_Raph to implement those colors.
By the way, if I select the color menu and choose the 'full' style, I can select black. But I guess you don't mean that?
here's a picture of the things I am talking about "FX"

and yes, please LJ_Raph give me a hint to get into these colortable.

tanks a lot for discussing with me, great!

Henry

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”