These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Targettable overrides/presets at run time

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
bckeeping
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Targettable overrides/presets at run time

Post by bckeeping »

Hi Everyone,

Another idea that would provide a lot more creativity at run time would be some way to apply presets of parameters (colours, gobos, prism, location etc) to selected fixtues. This would also be most useful if it was available via midi.

This would make it possible say to select Group 1 (Stage Macs) --> Green or Group 2 (Overhead Macs) --> Prism-fast rotation.
The key thing is that there is just one Prism-fast rotation preset, but it can be selectively applied to fixtures or groups.

I hope that makes sense! This would give the desk the kind of flexibility seen on £4000 desks.

I have thought of two ways that this could be achieved with small modifications to the current freestyler approaches,

1 - There could be an option for each override button which says "Apply to selected fixtures only". So the override could be configures with all fixtures in it, but when selected only the channels for the selected fixtures are applied

2 - Midi/keyboard/touchscreen access could be provided to the current "Preset" functionality. Maybe for a limited number of presets, say 30 (to match the override number). This would allow preset attributes to be applied in the programmer at run time to the selected groups/fixtures direct from the interface without worrying about which make of fixture is selected.

I hope all that makes sense, let me know your thoughts or if you have any better ideas.
Raph, how does this sound, difficult?

B.

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Targettable overrides/presets at run time

Post by Spirit »

this sounds like the idea i have http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... f=7&t=3106
so u only have to make 1 Button/Pallet And can use it on alle the diffurent types of fixures you have and can say that only group1 must chance of color,gobo,Etc
i think i sound very nice it give's you more creativity.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”