These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

+ and - butten next to faders

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

+ and - butten next to faders

Post by Mavi »

I re-programmed some sequences the last day and I found that I was not able to select a value of "10" for the DMX channels by using the faders. (You know, those faders wich appear at the right side of FS when selecting fixtures). I created a macro with value 10 so I got it work.

During a talking to a friend I found out he has the same problem. We both use FS 3.3.1. We figured out it would be realy helpfull to have some buttens with + and - next to the faders wich will manipulate the channel value as well as the faders do. We even thought about a text input box where you can hit the value directly. But I think those buttons could be realy usefull during live shows to do some continues fadings. You could work more evenly by keeping them hit instad of using a mouse to do a fading.

I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: + and - butten next to faders

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

Mavi wrote:I re-programmed some sequences the last day and I found that I was not able to select a value of "10" for the DMX channels by using the faders. (You know, those faders wich appear at the right side of FS when selecting fixtures). I created a macro with value 10 so I got it work.
this might help you a little bit:

http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/command_line

This "issue" has always been there, but for me it dosent matter if I hit dmx value 9 or 10. If it is for intensity you cant see a diference on the light beam. and for other setting there is usally a DMX area for each setting. examle: "0-14: Open gobo, 15-25: Gobo 1"
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”