These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Override Buttons - Exclusivity

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
FollowingDark
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Override Buttons - Exclusivity

Post by FollowingDark »

I use the Override Buttons to do most of the live work, having cues set pre set up by hue and intensity.

I'd love an extra feature on each Override Button after "Disable all other buttons", whereby I could select, by the use of checkboxes, which other Override Buttons are automatically disabled when a particular Override Button is selected.

I know I can get half way with this using the priority system, but being able to click an Override Button and have buttons 4, 12, 18 automatically turn off as an example would be perfect.

Also, being able to change the shape and size of the Override Button window would be handy, as an after thought :)

Keep up the excellent work, Freestyler Rocks.

FollowingDark

LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Override Buttons - Exclusivity

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

if different override buttons are controlling the same (DMX channels) they should deactivate automatically. if they not control the same (DMX channels) I can see your issue
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
FollowingDark
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.1.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Override Buttons - Exclusivity

Post by FollowingDark »

Sometimes they control the same DMX addresses, but the priority takes over, rather than deactivating lower priority. This amounts to pretty much the same thing at the lighting end, but it doesn't deactivate other buttons.

Other times, yep, it's deactivating buttons that are on different adresses.

This is pretty much my only gripe with the software, which is great. I'm planning on using it for our annual gig in a fortnight, as a trial see how it goes :)

I think this is the same request as the topic http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... f=7&t=2200

Followingdark

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”