These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

timeline in freestyler

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
villeric
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control
Twitter: twitter.com/
Instagram: villeric

timeline in freestyler

Post by villeric »

Hi everyone,

an idea that came back often is to have a time line in freestyler, i would really apreciate it if there's is one in a near future.

It will help me (us as a group) to create the shows. it will be easier to see what happen on witch time.

it will be easier to sync it with the music too :)

thanks a lot

big wow for the new 3.1.1 with bpm detector and allow to let each machine get dmx value different.

see you

Eric

Onge

Re: timeline in freestyler

Post by Onge »

The short answer is no, not that we are aware of or even a possible future idea.

been discussed a few times.
silent_bob_1970
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.1
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by silent_bob_1970 »

Thats sad to hear....
A Timeline would be a jump into the major league ;-)
I saw it in Venue Magic (it looks more than Steinberg Cubase.... :o ) and this is a much easier way to work (for me at least...)

But obviously its pretty much easier to work on a timeline than these annoying set up of step and fade time.....

I like freestyler very much but this feature is what I miss ....
PLEASE think about it and implement this GREAT GREATfeature !!! :fs:
Zillions of FS users will fall on their knees I bet :D
sirwesley
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by sirwesley »

This is a very old Thread, however, an idea came to me as quicker solution than waiting for Rapheal to add this feature would be for someone to write a Converter to convert an output file from something like VIXEN 2.0 or 3.0: http://www.vixenlights.com/vixen-3-docu ... /timeline/ to a FreeStyler DMX compatible file.

Wonder if Rapheal would be willing to give up the specs for these sequence files so we could generate them elsewhere and then import them to FreeStyler.

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”