These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Cuelist Button

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Tom
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 2.95f

Cuelist Button

Post by Tom »

Hi guys,

If ever I use FS for a show, I use LOTS of cuelists. However to select the cuelist I have to select it from the drop down list and can't use the big buttons on the right - I can't remember the reason why but there is one! Is it something like pressing that stops any cues playing on other lists?

Anyway - basically I want to quickly change lists so any possibility of just big buttons for the lists instead of a menu?

GaryBonaducci
DJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Cuelist Button

Post by GaryBonaducci »

If I understand Tom correctly, I too would like the Cuelist Buttons palette to have an option to only load sequences onto the Cue palette without switching all the sequences into "play" mode.

Right now, the only option for loading a set of sequences onto the cue palette without having them run is through the "Fast Cue Selection" drop-down menu. It's actually not really a fast way to select Cues--The user has to first click the drop-down menu, then select one of the cues listed. It's a two-step process. Giving the Cuelist Buttons an option to load (but not play) sequences onto the Cue palette will be a great one-step method to select Cues quickly.

I've experimented with the MIDI interface and I'm beginning to experiment with the touchscreen interface now. One problem with both is that neither allows the user to access the "Fast Cue Selection" drop-down menu. So when using a MIDI controller or user-programmed touchscreen interface, it seems that the only way to load Cues is to press a Cuelist button twice: One time to load the cue, and a second time to stop all of them from playing. If the Cuelist Buttons had the option to load--but not play--sequences, then it seems this problem will be alleviated for both the MIDI and touchscreen interfaces, and both will work a whole lot smoother.

Regards,
Gary

ETA: It seems that simply changing the Cuelist Buttons behavior from "click-on, click-off" to "press-on, release-off" may give Tom and I the kind of solution we are looking for. Thanks!
eyupjudd
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Post by eyupjudd »

Yes!! This is a massive issue that needs to be fixed, not tried what you said about pressing the cuelist button twice, might have to give that a try.

The way that I have my shows set out is:

-Separate cuelists for each "mood" of what is happening on stage such as "angry metal" or "soft ballad" and just general fancy "intros" and "outros" labelled for beginnings and endings to each song on stage.

-Within these cues, the loaded sequence pallett, contains sequences from which ever "mood" i have selected, each sequence is pretty hefty and fancy and involves most of my fixtures, if not all of them.

So this is highly annoying when multiple and long sequences play at the same time and try to intertwine each other and look a mess on stage, why cant they just load and be ready for next pallett to be loaded in when a difference cuelist is selected???

Regards,
Alex
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

this is not bug but a choice of design. Actually it is you people who try to use the cuelist buttons the wrong way :D
FreeStyler Help FIle wrote:Cuelist buttons

The cuelist buttons are used to start a complete cue at once. You can create a sequence for the shutter, one for gobo, one for color,... and combine them in one cue and start them all together.

How does it work:

First create some sequences and add them to the cue
Once your cue finished, save it (check the checkbox to add the cue directly to the cuelistbuttons)
Drag and drop the cue from the open dialog to the cuelistbuttons

If the buttons aren't visiable you should check the menu ("Cuelist buttons visible")
I have used this feature often, and did my job more easy. If you have several sequences for several and different fixtures, this is a quick way to change mood/looks/whatever for all lights instantly
Maybe it will be implemented some day, but i hope you still can select the cue list buttons to act as they do now.

A workaround for MIDI is to use MIDIOX to send the midi notes for cue list buttons twice right after each other. I don't know if this will be "visible" on the connected lights.

also look at the submaster to see if this could help you out.. Not the same as pressing one button for one sequence, but could do some tricks for you
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
lj_raph
FreeStyler Developer
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by lj_raph »

I'l see what I can do.
Raphaël