These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

XPress 512 not controlling SlimPar T6 dimming

harveycody@gmail.com
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

XPress 512 not controlling SlimPar T6 dimming

Post by harveycody@gmail.com »

I have three 4-Bar TRI USBs and two SlimPar T6 usbs which I am controlling with ShowXpress 512. Everything is working fine except the master fader will not control the light level of the SlimPars. I've selected the 8-channel mode for the SlimPars.

In the Master Fader Edit window in Xpress I have checked the seventh channel of each of the SlimPar fixtures (the one correctly labeled "dimmer"), but when I slide the Master Fader, the 4-Bar lights dim, but the SlimPars do not.

In looking at the Control Panel Operation Page of the SlimPar manual (pg. 9) I see that channel 7 says it controls "dim." The description, however, is like something I've never seen before. Rather than describe dim level, it is talking about dim speed. That appears to be either a faulty description or a major shortcoming of the SlimPars. Is it true that the SlimPars are not dimmable in DMX mode?

Return to “Chauvet”