These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Output remains 0 when changing the slider value for certain channels

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
nuramon3211
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.0
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Output remains 0 when changing the slider value for certain channels

Post by nuramon3211 »

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem in freestyler:

I have a location with multiple things, but for some channels of some devices, changing the value using the sliders on the top right does not change the output value, as seen here:
https://youtu.be/3A4GmMAfQvc

This happened to several devices when playing with the location, starting with simple spotlight attached to a dimmerpack.
What also happened (and I don't know if this is related): I have around 15 standard "par64" lamps controlled by several dimmerpacks in the location. When I use the function "locate selected fixtures" on one of them, this one turns on (correct), when clicking the option again it turns off (also correct I guess), but after that, none of all the par64s can be controlled by the sliders anymore. The "show output" window shows that after using the "locate selected fixture" one time, changing the values on the sliders has no effect anymore and all outputs stay 0. Did I just miss some option to somehow enable all the channels again, or what is going on there?

I've been using freestyler for several years now (but only one time per year at always the same event), but confusingly this is the first year in which these issues come up.

Best regards!

perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Output remains 0 when changing the slider value for certain channels

Post by perrip »

Hello, I have never used that channel mapper and then tried to use the manual sliders. I think you are best off Highlighting the fixture you want to control and then using the manual sliders. Also verify all your channels are correct.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Output remains 0 when changing the slider value for certain channels

Post by Nathanrs93 »

If you believe this is a bug inside FS, then please report here: Click me

Appreicate it

Return to “FreeStyler Software”