These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

cue file loading Problem - .chs files don't make any changes

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Dangox
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 4.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

cue file loading Problem - .chs files don't make any changes

Post by Dangox »

Hi,
I have a strange problem: many of my cue files ( .chs files) seem to 'be empty' - they don't make any changes to fixtures as programmed beforehand. Some of them are working.

I have for every fixture of my setup a separate location created. Within that locations the saved cues for the location's fixture are working all (I made the chases /cues for given fixtures within 'its'location). In my 'working-location', where different fixtures are included, saved cues aren't doing any changes to fixtures, when loaded.

What could be the the issue and solution to this?

It feels like some settings are hindering the recognition of the .chs files. I tried to take a location for example of 'movinghead X"' and tried to include other fixtures, but still only the .chs files of the 'movinghead X" are loading correct. All .chs files are working in their fixture's location just fine.

Freestyler is updated to 4.1 but the problem existed already in earlier version.

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: cue file loading Problem - .chs files don't make any changes

Post by Partyman »

4.1 uses .chs and in order to use file from pre 4.0 you must open all .chb files in the sequence editor in version 4.1 then "save as" and it will create the .chs files that will work in 4.1. you must then insert the new files into the cue locations and buttons. Just opening the file and saving it does not work
Dangox
Just started using FS

Post by Dangox »

Partyman wrote: August 6th, 2021, 5:05 am 4.1 uses .chs and in order to use file from pre 4.0 you must open all .chb files in the sequence editor in version 4.1 then "save as" and it will create the .chs files that will work in 4.1. you must then insert the new files into the cue locations and buttons. Just opening the file and saving it does not work

this does not work. i've done a video for better understanding, here:

https://streamable.com/k4bpuo
Dangox
Just started using FS

Post by Dangox »

here are two .chs files.

the "Paartanz-PAR.chs" is loading the channel-vealues, when opened in sequence editor.
The "CLB5-Light-ON-Full.chs" isn't loading any changes in the the sequencer editor.

Further i've opened some chases of a fixture in "its location" (as shown in the video of my last post above) in the sequence editor and saved them as a new file into an other place. when i load them now in my 'working location' they're not working or doing any changes on the given channels! one of them (VisiondrapeDJCurtain) gives me a 'subscript out of range' error, when loaded.
I've attached this too.

also chaser edits made and saved in a 'fixtures location' are not loaded in 'working location'. only, when changes are saved in 'working location',they can be loaded correctly later in 'working location'. Seems, like chases are only working properly in the location, where they were made and saved!?

EDIT:
the correct loading of saved chases from a Fixture 'X' depends on the position of 'X' within the 'add/remove fixture' window. I've made all chases in seperate locations, where only one fixture was present and it was always in the first column of the window. So the .chs files for 'X' are working only, when 'X' is in thee first column in 'add/remove fixture' window.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

watching your video i have no idea what you are doing and it makes no sense to me. I know that doing what i suggested above has worked for me on a dozen or so systems. I cannot help you with all your multiple locations and such.
Please work with one fixture and one location and make sure all operates correctly before attempting to expand to other locations. Try to figure out at what point things start not working.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”