These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Keybindings reset after relaunch Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
SimmyyG
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.0.0
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Keybindings reset after relaunch

Post by SimmyyG »

Good day, :fs:

I've stumbled across an issue I cannot seem to resolve, I'm using keybindings to operate some override buttons for LED Par-Can fixtures. (So I can toggle each colour individually with a key press) It seems to work excellent. The downside is, each time I relaunch the problem the keybindings have reset themselves, so I'm forever manually re-configuring the bindings before each use. Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried it on both Windows Vista & 7 with the problem still occurring.

Many thanks
Last edited by SimmyyG on August 24th, 2020, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimmyyG

Re: Keybindings reset after relaunch

Post by SimmyyG »

I was unable to resolve. I'm deciding to move to a DMX controller as an alternative option, please remove post
Mattotone
Android Dev (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: BETA
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mattotone »

Ensure Freestyler is launched as an Administrator.

Tested in windows 10, working as intended on Version 4.
Freestyler Addons www.120db.uk
Free Dropbox. 2GB account http://db.tt/J4c5G8C
$100 free credit @DigitalOcean Private Server: https://m.do.co/c/5c4a7c7d6693
Freestyler Android App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rts.fs1024
SimmyyG

Post by SimmyyG »

Hello, thanks for trying to help with this problem.

I'm afraid Unfortunately running it as administrative permissions has not resolved the problem. The bindings still reset upon restarting the program even though I've saved the file location before closing.

I have attached a video here to show, hopefully this is okay. Very strange behavior I've never had this problem before with any fixtures
https://youtu.be/VNlrkSMCunw
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Why are you not launching Freestyler from the Freestyler icon after saving? That is a restore option and after running you should close freestyler, reopen and then see if it works. You should always launch freestyler from the Main icon not from a backup file

All works perfect for me with windows 10 and keyboard shortcuts.

It may not be what you want to hear but you are trying to run brand new releases of software on an OS that has not been updated for many years. There are bound to be many issues because of programming changes.

I would try to use a much older version of Freestyler or update to a current OS.
SimmyyG

Post by SimmyyG »

Running it from the Icon as appose to the custom saved one has cured the problem! Thank you so much for the help. I only recently started learning this software, I was following a YouTube tutorial. All is working great now. Thank you again.

Would copying the full installation directory to another PC keep the scenes, keybindings, etc? If I can help it I don't want to go through the frustration of 4 hours configuring scenes again to add this to a backup PC. :D

PS - The only reason this laptop is on Windows 7 is because it doesn't ever connect to the network, it's a backup machine for my Music library
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Using the backup/restore feature found under the file menu you can create a file that you can transfer to any PC and have everything just the same

Return to “FreeStyler Software”