These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Upgrading or mirgrating CHB to CHS files

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
MusicZon
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: www.twitter.com/@music_zon

Upgrading or mirgrating CHB to CHS files

Post by MusicZon »

I have just installed version 4 (thank you for your work through this time of covid).

I am not entirely sure what is new from CHB to CHS files but I note than although I can play CHB sequences from the cue window they will not run from the create/edit sequence or submaster windows. It shows that there is only ever only step in any of the CHB files.

Is there a simple way that I can migrate all my current CHB files to CHS files without having recreate these files from scratch.

To put this in context I have 61 fixtures in 4 fixture pages and probably more than 200 CHB files. So manual migration is a big undertaking.

As with most of you guys out there I have not been working since later March and I only have a few of the fixtures for physical testing available in my home studio. So being able to prepare as much as possible before going to the storage place to do a proper end to end test will be helpful.

MusicZon
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: www.twitter.com/@music_zon

Re: Upgrading or mirgrating CHB to CHS files

Post by MusicZon »

One additional item which might be a bug - I have saved a new test sequence (as a CHS file by default) and if I try to edit it it says "subscript out of range".

For the time being I will have to revert to the old version
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

I also tried upgrading a club system with about 50 fixtures to 4.0 and absolutely nothing worked correct. I chased demons for about 3 hours before uninstalling completely and reinstalling previous version. Once I put previous version in, all synced the way it was supposed to.
4.0 is not ready for release and needs to be pulled back until all of the coding is fixed. I look forward to 4.0 but it is not ready for release as it is.
lobelzar
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.45
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Post by lobelzar »

Hello Same problem with me the files of version 3.x do not work well with version 4.x. The file opens well but several different bugs For example impossible to change something on the live stage everything is fine but after saving the effect nothing has been saved. What do you think is the best version for Windows 10?
lj_raph
FreeStyler Developer
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by lj_raph »

Dear FreeStyler users, if you find a bug or something that isn't working do post them on the bugtracker!!!

Some users expect that errors and bugs will disappear magically without someone reporting them.
If you do post a bug; list the exact steps to replicate the issue and include your FreeStyler backup file.
Version 4.0 was indeed unstable, but it was clearly noted not to use it live, only for testing.
I'm currently preparing version 4.1 which should be more stable but to become stable I need bugreports.
Everyone uses FreeStyler a different way which make it difficult to test every scenario.

For general questions or a more personal contact you can use my e-mail freestylersupport"at"telenet.be

Looking forward for your bugreports.
Raphaël
FreeStyler support & development

Return to “FreeStyler Software”