These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Changing DMX address in a sequence

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Changing DMX address in a sequence

Post by perrip »

Hello, I am trying to use some of my lights at a venue that has a lighting system, and some of their fixtures have the same DMX addresses as mine. I have a bunch of sequences written for my fixtures using those addresses. Is it possible to change the dmx address in the sequence so they will still work when I change the dmx address in the fixture?
Thanks in advance!!

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Changing DMX address in a sequence

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Is it not possible to change the venue addresses? Make it easier for you? Then change em back after?
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

that is a good idea, their lights are a little hard to get to. but I may have to do that.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

can I do 2 universes, I have never done that before?
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

Freestyler supports 2 universes.

You will need an interface that supports 2 universes. I use the Enttec DMX USB PRO Mk2. Your current sequences I assume are defined in universe 1. When you add the facilities existing fixtures you would define them in universe 2.

This will require you to run to separate DMX circuits. If you are using wireless DMX then you will need two transmitters, each on a different channel.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Thanks Rod, I definitely appreciate the feedback, my interface is a DMX king I have 2 different ones the micro and the pro, but they only have one output, I do use wireless, but I would have too use 2 different pc's because of my interface, thanks I did not realize the limits of the interface. I think for tonight, I will just pull the plug on the venues conflicting lights and will figure out a better way next time. Thanks so much for your help!!
mattspunkm
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band
Twitter: twitter.com/mattspunkm

Post by mattspunkm »

Rod, I'm trying to accomplish the exact same thing (using our basic light show, but tying into various house systems on my 2nd universe). Will you please elaborate on this more? Thankyou very much.
lj_raph
FreeStyler Developer
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1

Post by lj_raph »

Hi, You don't need a dual output interface, you can try connecting both interfaces and select them in the interface 1 and interface 2 list. If you are lucky both interfaces can be used next to each other.
Having two universes basically means that you have two DMX cables running from your desk to the rig.
One xlr cable for the existing fixtures, the other for the temporary lights. Both universes have 512 channels.
Raphaël
FreeStyler support & development
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Hey thanks so much, I think my freestyler had a bug and would not let me install an interface on the 2nd universe. I reinstalled and i could get it to go with my dual output interface.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”