These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

How to have seperate movements for every light

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
dennisgamalej
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

How to have seperate movements for every light

Post by dennisgamalej »

Hello guys,
I have a question. How to have seperate movement for every light. For example: one moving head circle, second moving head 8.... Because when i change it for every light it changes immideatly for everything. So when i put and circe on moving head 1 it changes also for moving head 2. And also another question how to change center point for every light because standart center point is not a good centre point.
Thnx

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: How to have seperate movements for every light

Post by Rod_Horning »

Check your physical configuration. I expect you will find both lights are configured with the same address. In order to control each light individually each light must have its own unique set of DMX addresses. You will also need 2 fixtures added to the Freestyler work space and these fixtures must have matching addresses to the physical instrument.

I hope another user can answer your other question.
dennisgamalej
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 2

Post by dennisgamalej »

Thnx man. But my adresses are good. If i do movement in freestgler for example for 1 moving head a circle or 8 it automaticly applies this movement to every moving head. In the soft it self. And i want that moving head 1 makes a circle moving head 2 makes a 8..... How to do it? Thnx
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

The only other thing I can think of is that the other units are set to slave mode. In slave mode the downstream instruments copy the movements of the master.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

You have to deselect the first fixture before moving on to the next.

Select 1st fixture and set movements, deselect fixture
Select next fixture making settings, deselect fixture

Movements are not meant to be used in stand alone mode, they must be programmed in sequence to work properly. If you are just trying to select fixtures and have them do different movements without programming sequences you will run into many problems
Jochen
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Post by Jochen »

Hey i will enter this thread due to a similar problem:

I made a light show for one moving head. My plan was to made a 2nd moving head as a slave or to adress both moving heads with the same channel. --> This is now my plan B :-)
Plan A is to manage the moving heads seperately. Most of the time they will do the same things in parallel mode. But sometimes i want them to react opposite. 1st left, 2nd right. 1st up, 2nd down ...

Questions:
1. In setup I have to add a new fixture with other DMX Adresses (e.g. 1st is 1-11 and new 2nd is 12-23)
Do i need two fixtures with different Channels? I have to copy the original fixture and change the channels to 12-23?
2. I want to copy cues and scenes. How will i do this? Is it possible to select a scene or cue and edit the channels in one step?
3. Can i arrange the moving heads in a group an build a scene for both in one step?
4. How do i use the Linear Fanning for this 2 heads? Do i have to programm each head seperately?

Thank you and regards,
Jochen
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

1. Yes you need each light to have its own address if you ever plan on having independent control over every light. In Fixture area select to add a fixture, it will have drop down menus so that you can select the starting address and how many fixtures you want to add
2. You will most likely have to rebuild your scenes, there is no way to edit channel values within the editor. You can open a scene and add fixtures to that scene but you cannot alter the channels that the fixture operates on within the editor.
3.You can build groups or not but you can add as many fixtures into a scene as you want. You can have 10 moving heads all doing different things in 1 scene if that is what you want.
4. You will need more than 2 fixtures to truly take advantage of fanning.

There are many ways to program and run a light show in Freestyler and there is no right way, only the way that works best for your application. Theater lights are programmed differently than night club lights. You really need to decide what method will best serve your needs then program accordingly.

Sequence window
Submasters
Cuelists

look at examples of how each works then determine what will work best for you. I do mainly night club and corporate events and find that "Cuelists" work best for me
Jochen
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Post by Jochen »

Thank you for your quick answer! Well, i did the following:
1. Situation: I started only with one moving head which was a fault.
2. I add a 2nd fixture (But i use the same fixture files as my 1st moving head, hope this is OK)
3. I opened a scene (movement, colour, gobo - i did one scene for each colour and gobo)
4. I right click the old moving head fixure and choose "copy value".
5. I right click the new moving head fixture and chood "paste value".
6. I repeat this for every step in every scene and saved it.
7. Now both fixture work parallel.

Next step will be to build scenes with two gobo working inverted each.

Thank you!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”